Monday, August 16

Snide (and awesome)

We got the kids’ portraits done Sunday, which is always a festival of fun. They were actually very well-behaved during the session, and we took them for ice cream afterwards. Then, we needed to run to the sporting goods store for AJ – he’s grown so that last spring’s baseball cleats no longer fit, and practice begins today. WELL, that was the straw that broke his back, and the whining commenced. He didn’t WANNNNNNT to do another errand, we had already been TWOOOOO PLACESSSSSS, he hadn’t had any time to PLAAAAAYYYYYYY, and it was going to take too LONNNNNNNGGGGG, waa waa waa like a 2-year-old even though he is now six, and much too old for tantrums (as I tell him all-too-frequently). [Pause for breath.] We managed him into the car, calmly told him he had just been given a TREAT for goshsakes', we couldn't understand him in his whiny voice, and got going anyway.

He settled down for the most part, but was still sniffling and kicking his feet on the back of my seat (I KNOW)... when we heard one declarative comment from KT’s side of the car....

“You’re a baby.”

It was monumentally hard not to laugh right out loud.

6 comments:

ya-ya ma said...

Well, I AM laughing out loud!! KT definitely has his number!!! I love it!!

bessie.viola said...

I am TOTALLY laughing out loud! That is hilarious... KT for the win!

nicole said...

HA!

How did AJ react?

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha!

Lee said...

He didn't react much. He was too focused on himself to really notice, thank goodness. Er, well, anyway.

Madame Queen said...

Ha! I love it!