It's your lucky day -- I have not 5... not 6... but 7 things for which I'm grateful. :)
1. Fri-hi-hi-hi-day. THANKFUL is not all-caps enough to explain how happy I am that THIS work-week is over. It wasn't hard or terrible, just full. Yesterday and today, especially, we've been hosting a consultant in my department. He is easygoing and very nice, and the meetings aren't hard -- they're just talking! -- but it's no fun to have to be ON a full 8 hours.
2. 8:30 am T-ball practice tomorrow. I know you're scratching your head -- she's thankful for this? -- but I am. I love the morning, and hardly ever get to be outdoors that early. I like the crisp air, the angle of the sun, wearing a hat, and most of all the dark cherry mocha that goes so well with it all.
3. Apple-picking. We're going to an apple orchard this Sunday for its fall festival, something I've wanted to do for YEARS but am too lazy to plan myself. So thank goodness for friends who are resourceful about those kinds of things. They suggested it, and I'm jumping on-board. Very excited -- they have a petting zoo, bobbing for apples, a tractor-pulled "hayride," and... the best part... a "Moonshine Museum," whatever that is!
4. Anyone watch "The Office?" last night? I'm very grateful for funny television. I laughed out loud several times, cringed a few others -- it was a very entertaining episode with a musical theater performance, to boot! Sometimes a good laugh is very good medicine after a long day.
5. Grateful for music, even when it's hard. Choir practice kicks my butt most of the time, and definitely did last night. It's physically demanding, and mentally even moreso. I'm not so grateful for the pitch problems in our particular choir, but as our director put it, it improves our prayer life, in order that we get through it! Ha! What a... gift. But really... music is sometimes just amazing. 16th-century harmonies? Can't beat that for beauty. I read this about music recently -- it is long, but very worth it.
6. I am so, so grateful for every hug, smile, and kiss that I receive from my husband and sweet kids. They are my whole reason for everything.
7. The little blessings of working for a good company. Free lunch today, early "dismissal" on Fridays, kindness and goodness of our people, especially regarding one employee in need right now, and the blessing of doing good work that actually means something to people. All that really helps when I'm feeling whiny about the daily grind of databases and proposals and content plans and blah-blah.
XOXO, Sweetsies.
More quick takes here.
2 comments:
Speaking as a choir director, I am right there with you. :) Though we're not nearly big enough to attempt a 16th-century motet.
I LOVED the Office last week! It was fantastically hilarious... when Erin showed up with Cici at the end I just died, the end. And that wine bottle just ROLLING toward the front of the theater!
I hear you on the "up early/outdoors" thing. It's really nice to be out in the crisp air right now.
I hope your weekend was great!
Post a Comment