Monday, October 4

As expected, October:

Today is the Blessing of the Pets at AJ’s school. It’s at 2:30. I wish I could go. I remember when my elementary school had Blessing of the Pets. Luckily, AJ’s school lets kids bring a photo of their pet. So that will suffice. I grabbed one off the fridge this morning on the way out the door. I hope there are lots of other kids with photos in lieu of actual animals.

Tee-ball tonight. I hope AJ’s uniform isn’t balled up at the bottom of his hamper. Six o’clock game, so it’s another fast-food dinner. Dislike. I’m going to attempt Subway. (That way at least I get some vegetables.) Thank goodness it’s a 6 o'clock game, so we can get home at a decent hour, and thank goodness we took baths last night. After they go to bed, I get to attach the patches onto AJ’s Cub Scout uniform. Nothing like leaving it until the last minute! I’ll be thinking of my Granny, who had to sew the patches on for her FOUR boys. Thank goodness for “Badge Magic.”

I have to remember to pay for “Fun Food” this week, as well as sending in a form to order ground coffee (they’re selling it to earn a portion of the cost for the school).

Friday, I’m helping with the school’s annual picnic by making a trip to Costco with another volunteer, to buy burgers and hot dogs and buns, and whatever else they ask us to buy. I’m told we’ll need two cars to transport all that food back to the school. Yipes.

What night can I make peanut butter chicken? What night do I need to do KT’s laundry? Are the kids going to get sick this week? (Please no.) AJ’s class had a streak of strep last week, and KT already has the sniffles and her signature cough. Please don’t let it get worse. Please don’t let the ½ tsp of Dimetapp be really bad for her, even though the label says “not for kids under 4.” Was DH’s sickness this weekend just a 24-hour thing, or part of his chronic thing? When do I have time to go shop for long-sleeved t-shirts and Halloween costumes? Maybe today at lunch? Thank you, God and reflexology, for my lovely (Mother’s Day) massage yesterday.

These are the things I’m juggling in my brain this morning, trying to sort out. (Not the eleventy-umpteen things I have on my To-Do list at work – 7 new articles to post, new lists to compile, a new system to learn, a big contest to launch, 4 traffic reports to construct, some headlines to compose -- although those things probably need to be given some thought. At some point.)

1. massage
2. massage
3. choir sang a capella at Mass yesterday, and we didn't sound abyssmal
4. massage
5. beautiful Fall weather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds so much like my brain. It just makes me laugh -- wryly. And I'm glad I'm not alone.