Monday, October 25

I love this from Ask Moxie

I'm not having working mom angst lately, but it pops up perennially for me, and I think for nearly every mom who kisses her babies goodbye on weekday mornings during their toddler years.

Her response to a new WOHM was awesome:

From "Guilt guilt guilt:"

Being a mom hurts in all sorts of ways, big and small, transitory and lasting, and from all sorts of things, doesn't it?

Before we go any further: You are not damaging your son by working. He will thrive,
because you are his mother and you come home to him every day.

I wish that we all had jobs we loved and feel are worthy of our time, but earning the money to support our families is honorable and right. You are a good mom. You were a good mom when you were home with him, and now you're a good mom because you work.

6 comments:

LL said...

I love it too, particularly the last paragraph. Thanks for sharing!

bessie.viola said...

Love this. Thanks! This morning was an easy one, but I will save this close for the ones that are not.

Melessa Gregg said...

Thank you for sharing this! I am newly returned to the workforce and I still have guilt all the time.

Lee said...

Hey, Melessa! Good to 'see' you!

Kathleen@so much to say, so little time said...

Lovely. I'm a work at home mom, and have just begun to feel the guilt myself. :/

ya-ya ma said...

So well said. Take it to heart, all of you wonderful working moms!