Friday, November 12

Seven Quick Verbs for the Weekend

1. Read: I can’t wait to do some reading this weekend. It is now 5 days before my next Book Club meeting, and I’m finally dialed into the book. (The Host, Stephanie Meyer.) And oh, man, do I want to read it A LOT this weekend. I’m going to have to carve out unique times for reading, though, because prime time is OUT. I fall asleep nearly immediately once my friend, A$$, meets my friend, Couch. Especially if their buddy, Afghan, comes over. Watch out. Yesterday I read for an hour and a half in the late afternoon, outdoors, while AJ played with our neighbor friend. It was heaven. (KT was still at school which, I’m sorry to say, makes a huge difference.) Maybe I’ll get up before the kids this weekend and make my coffee, and read for an hour. HA. I said maybe.

2. Sing: We sang the first of our Christmas music last night at choir. I’m supremely excited because 1.) I haven’t sung at a Midnight Mass in YEARS because we were either traveling or I was on a choir-break. This year, I’m IN choir, we’re staying HOME for Christmas. Win win! AND 2.) we have an excellent director who’s chosen some of my very favorites (Still, Still, Still – in English, not German, but …still (heh), it’s a great piece, and In the Bleak Mid-Winter, with a soprano solo that I WANT I WANT I WANT).

3. Hike: Did I mention I hiked yesterday? Am So Proud Of Self! The best news is the Cub Scouts have a “Go See It” planned for Sunday, at “my” mountain! Avec hike! I’m excited to share this family activity. Built-in exercise for the win!

4. Wash: Laundry, of course. I shamefully let a load sit in my dryer for 3 days this week. Just folded ‘em last night. I am a terrible laundress.

5. Choose: We’ve been saying we’re going to repaint the walls of our kitchen/living area. It’s been on the goal list forever. “This year,” I’ve said. “THIS YEAR we’re going to do it.” I had October in mind. ...Whoops. Anyway, tomorrow’s only got one planned activity at lunchtime – maybe we could at least go to the paint store and choose the colors. Bring home a test pint, or something. It’d be nice to have it done for Christmas.

6. Sleep. OBVS.

7. Charge: my iPod nano. I have to go down to the basement to plug it into my now old G3 iMac (or, wait, is it even an “i” Mac? Or just a plain ol’ Mac? I can’t keep up) because this iPod is synced there, instead of our family-room laptop. But I have some great music on there for the kids, and I can’t continue to listen to the Disney Halloween CD in the car every time they shout, “Halloween music!” October is PASSED. I’m ready for some new Tunes.

What’re you doing this weekend?

More Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(1) I've tried to start The Host a few times and it just hasn't grabbed my interest yet. I get so confused with who the heck they are talking about. I hope it will change once I get through the first chapters.

(4) I do this all the time. The great thing about cooler weather is that you can do that and the laundry doesn't sour! (I've had some bad summertime experiences with laundry left in the washer...)

Laura

nicole said...

I tried reading that book but it just didn't grab me.

I also have some things to do around the house, like finishing decorating the girls room that we painted in July!

Yea hiking!