Remember how I said my “life lesson” for 2010 was, “This is life. Life is messy.” Hohoho, remember that? That was funny. Because:
1. We are in the midst of a car-buying process. It started out so well, y’all. We (DH) had heard a lot about Ford’s new Sync system, and since he’s a tech-head, we totally wanted to check it out. We have not driven Fords in YEARS for all the obvious reasons, but the economy… cars re-tooled and improved blahblahcakes, plus: Sync. So we trooped over there dutifully during the last week of the sales year, to get ourselves a Hot Deal. Loooong story short, after we got the numbers we wanted, the color we wanted, and SIGNED everything Wednesday night with wild kids in tow… the car didn’t actually have Sync in it. DH was turning the ignition to drive it home, when this was discovered. We hadn’t thought to ask specifically because we figured all 2011 models would have it, AND there was a “Sync” sticker IN THE CAR. On the dash. “Microsoft Sync.” Purple sticker. Huge. … Anyway, we think we are going to do an easy swap tonight, for a car with Sync like we wanted, but I don’t want to jinx it so I’ll shut up now. We knew everythign had gone too smoothly to be true. This week has been mentally stressful and logistically nuts. And by the way, two kids, after school, inside a dealership for 2 hours, TWICE in one week. Exciting!
2. Something at work went up in smoke yesterday after I had left for the day. Can’t divulge, naturally, but let me say this: If you are in a company who makes things, and you launch new products periodically, IT HELPS to TELL the marketing department when a launch date is being delayed. (cough I sent out an email blast cough for a coughcough product that’s not available yet cough).
3. Our house is a messsssssssss. It’s making DH and me crazy, both of us, but with the car nonsense and the first week back at school, nothing has been done to remove the Christmas tree, for instance, or the layer of dust piling up on our dresser. We’re hopeful that we can get the car situation finalized today and move on to Cleanliness this weekend. Of course the car project is creating additional projects, like rearranging the garage to accommodate the new vehicle (we’re going from a compact Corolla to a not-so-compact SUV class). Rearranging the garage means removing some outdoor toddler toys that are old and not being used… Goodwill or yard sale decisions, etc etc. If I think too much about it, I start getting overwhelmed.
I haven’t worked out 2 nights in a row now, which is just making me pissy. I was determined, dangit. It will all resolve, I know it will, but. Well. Just keep swimming right? TGIF, people.
a library of my thoughts on motherhood, family, working, and daily life. an attempt to know myself. (hello, self!).
Friday, January 7
Messy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have been SO RELIEVED to read all of these posts about people who still have their Christmas decorations up. SO DO WE. Argg.
Just keep swimming, indeed.
We are just now getting decorations put away today. I have slowly been packing away all week and now it is just bare tree and garland. Our house is also a mess and I don't even have the craziness you do with work and car shopping. Ugh. Hope you guys enjoy the new vehicle though.
Oh, I am so glad that I'm the only one who feels like she is barely swimming. Christmas is down at our house (thank goodness) but the new semester starts tomorrow and I'm nowhere near organized or ready for any of it. I'm tired already just thinking about it.
Are you, by any chance, getting an Edge? We're thinking of trading my Liberty for one....
We got the Flex. THOUGHT we wanted an Edge, but really we wanted more space (seats). I think the Edge is SO pretty, though.
Post a Comment