Wednesday, February 2

Poor planning

I am excited about KT's first real birthday party with friends from her class. The girl at the place where we're having it said something about "sparkle sticks and feather boas," and I didn't hear the rest because my mind was going, "SQUEEEEEEE!" Life doesn't get any more GIRLY than that! I hope they'll let ME have a sparkle stick, whatever in the heck one IS.

However, when I decided we should just invite girls, I didn't actually realize that there are only 5 girls in KT's whole class. I could invite a few from other classrooms, with whom she eats breakfast every day so technically they're "friends," but I've been at the school long enough to know that the norm is to just invite people from your own classroom. I can think of maybe two other, non-school friends we could invite. One is a T-ball friend, and the other is, surprisingly, Yatt's daughter. Which doesn't feel quite right since KT doesn't even know the daughter, but on the other hand, she's three -- it's not like she has requested veto power over the guest list, nor is she going to remember half these people anyway.

Let me say that I'm now enjoying a cordial office friendship with Yatt; she hasn't been the Yatt of yesteryear who annoyed the (expletive) out of me.... except RIGHT THIS SECOND as I typeOMG she's telling me about her period!! I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW THIS INFORMTION, FOR THE LOVE!!!

Sorry. She also pops her gum.

Party planning. I'm slightly concerned because we had a party for AJ once, and only invited a handful of people, and then only half of them showed up. I want this party to SPARKLE, darn it, not be a sad trumpet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Madison has only three other girls in her class and none in our neighborhood, which is overrun with 3- and 4-year-old boys. What's up with the lack of girls in our area? Hey, I have an available 3-year-old chickie! How's that for inviting ourselves to a party?! (Of course, if you decide to do boys and girls so that KT can have people she knows there, or if you decide it's okay for the party to be small, then NO WORRIES!)

bessie.viola said...

Yeesh, I know. The party planning! I'm working on Madeline's right now and am anxiously waiting for RSVPs to come back... will it be FUN? Will it be what she wanted?? The anticipation is worse for me than for her, I think!

I'm sure KT's will be great... you cannot go wrong with sparkles! :)

Lee said...

sherry, I emailed you! at your old e-addy, I hope you got it.

nicole said...

I think you are actually lucky to only have a small guest list, if they show up. We don't really do parties with friends though, so I can't really relate. We are inviting Lily's two "best friends" to her party, but they are also family friends. Pink cupcakes is all the girliness she gets. ;) I think KT's party sounds fun though!