I'm not stressed, I'm just... a little sad, I guess. I didn't check the calendar (but I thought I did?) and today is a baseball practice... but I scheduled a desperately needed haircut/color for myself at the same time (first world problems). No big deal, DH can take both kids to the ballpark, I know this, but it makes me feel bad. Because Monday night I left them all to go to Book Club. And Thursday night is choir practice every week, and as much as I love choir, it starts to wear on me after a full schoolyear's worth of every-week rehearsals. I've only skipped once or twice for a break, but once was last week, so I really need to GO this week. (I mean, I could be one of those people who NEVER goes to practice but shows up on Sundays and says, "What're we singing?" Except I get really irritated by those people.) And of course, this week we also have a Thursday baseball GAME. I think I can do both if we take 2 cars to the park, although I know KT will fuss and cry when it's time for me to leave without her. I don't know, maybe I'll skip again.
I want to get philosophical and come to some unique, well-written conclusions about the way I feel, but I don't think I have the mental energy for that. Everybody's crazy busy. It's not a big deal, sometimes it is a big deal... at least we got our taxes filed last night, and the painting is underway... right? I found some hand-me-downs for KT so at least she has some spring clothes and an Easter dress she can wear, but I still need to go shopping for shoes etc., and I simply can't find the time to do it. Maybe this Saturday, in between baseball pictures at 10:00 am, our game at 12:15, and me cantoring at 5:30 Mass? Er... no. And Sunday's no better -- Mass with choir goes from 10 AM until noon for me, and then we have our first swimming lesson at 2:30. I don't want to feel guilty for adding those swimming lessons -- my kids NEED swimming lessons and I think they'll enjoy them -- but MAN, do I ever feel guilty.
It's just way too much sometimes. I am so thankful I took Spring Break off - I have a week and a half to go until some much needed vacation time. No baseball, no swimming, no Fricking WORK. I hope I can make it a productive week but still feel like the days are long.
4 comments:
Yes, our lives are crazy. It is okay to vent about that. I was so proud of myself for getting all six kids ready for Timmy's tee ball practice yesterday on time. We left at 5:30 for a 6:00 practice and it was just so smooth. Until we got there and realized practice was at 7:00. Oops. So we ate in the car and were very early for the actual practice time.
It is hard to balance everything. I'm always struggling to find the right amount of commitments for all of us that are good for us or others without sacrificing family time. Hard.
Yup, it's just crazy. I'm with you there... and am SO eager to get home and relax with my little family tonight. I know that feeling of RUNNING constantly and no stopping for time to breathe.
Here's hoping you get a few of those moments soon, Lee!
Just think - one day we won't have all this to do and we'll miss it...
I can so relate!!!! Be good to yourself! Your kids are thriving and you enjoy your time with them as much as it's possible to enjoy time with little ones, I'm sure.
Post a Comment