I guess Pinterest has done this to me... I'm feeling like I want to start doing more crafts and projects.
Well, okay, I'm partly motivated because KT needs a new big-girl bedOMGsheisstillsleepinginourroommostnights. Partly. Motivated. !! But Pinterest helps. I mean, you just see such adorable things there, many of which don't look hard, but require some time and effort.
I get hung up on that part, the time and effort part. But I think, "Well, Lee, if you really WANT IT, go out and GET IT." Isn't that the theme of our generation? Pshaw, you don't have time. Make the time. I have been thinking, if I'd just SAY on a Saturday, "I'm going to Michael's (or the antique store, or wherever) and then this afternoon I am going to paint something...." I have very little project-gumption, I guess, but I would like to have more. And if I want to do these kinds of things -- if they would make me happy (ier), I should definitely fit them in, right?
The other thing I love about Pinterest is that fact that I'm adding some visual beauty to my days. Even if it's just on my little iPhone screen, I'm enjoying seeing pretty things more often. Because I don't subscribe, unfortunately, to Architectural Digest like my elegant Mom did when she was my age. :)
I need a small, achievable something to get me started, and this one seems like the perfect thing.
It would be lover-ly in pinks and greens and lilacs and maybe a brown and a white, in KT's big-girl room, wouldn't it?? I am excited and hope to buy the supplies soon.

3 comments:
I would never be able to paint that, but it would be lovely in those colors (which are colors in my girls room). Pinterest also inspires me, at the same time that it overwhelms me. So far I am good about trying recipes and not much else.
Yes! that was also what I wanted to say in this post--that Pinterest also, very much, overwhelms me. How do all these women have time to surf around the 'net, finding these gorgeous pictures, much Less MAKE all the DIY stuff?!
Oh my, how I love Pinterest. I'm so inspired by it too. I've completed one Pinterest project so far, and I hope to complete many more. I get overwhelmed by it all too. Love this project - I can't wait to see how yours turns out!
Post a Comment