Aaaaaccccckkk! Embarrassing! But I totally did want to do this, depsite my protestations yesterday. Hi, Mom, here is my accent! The first one of these I watched last Friday was Jonniker's, and then I went into a time-warp and watched about 15 of them, some from bloggers I don't even know. So interesting! Amusing! Anyway, I thank Cayt for prodding me one time, because it was all I needed to satisfy the need to film myself (?!! why?). Hee hee.
Here are the instructions:
Say the following words:
Aunt, route, wash, oil, theatre, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, water, sure, data, ruin, crayon, toilet, New Orleans, pecan, both, again, probably, spitting image, Alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, syrup, pajamas, caught
And answer these questions:
What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is the bug that curls into a ball when you touch it?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you use to change the TV channel?
p.s. I forgot "ruin." But I say, "roo-in," not "run," as some of my friends do. I actually love when I hear an authentic, "ruint." I even have a Mississsippi friend who jokes and says, "rur-nt." HAAAAA!
p.s.s. I don't say, "see-rup," what was I thinking? I realized after watching this a few times, and going BACK to re-watch Arwen's, again (and others' too... obsessed much???), that I had told HER in her comments, that I couldn't IMAGINE saying "see-rup," that "suh-rup" was the ONLY WAY. So I'm feeling the need to atone for and apologize for this grave mistake.
11 comments:
I think you have a lovely voice, and a very nice accent.
I had to listen, to hear the voice of a friend I've been reading for years! Fun! Your voice was so quiet and peaceful. Oh I am tempted to do this. I don't have a webcam, so I would have to film myself and upload. Hmmm.
Oh, please DO, Nicole! :) Would be fun to hear you, too!
Oh, also I was quiet on purpose. Not wanting to attract attention from any important people! Ha! I can be louder, and usually am.
You are so cute! I love it. And it's funny, I can see KT in your facial expressions.
I so want to do this, because you know I have a terrible accent. :)
Dittos to Cayt. That's no deep south drawl! And Nicole's right, too, you do have a quiet, peaceful voice. Have one to add to the list. I know a person here who doesn't say "Lord" but "Lard." :)
As long as we're on the subject of accents, in high school one of my social studies teachers said we all speak with a Big Mac accent now. You know. Too many TV announcers teaching us how to talk, and doing away with regional variants.
You have a beautiful voice!
Love your voice, soft and soothing. Wonderful.
It is funny to me how many things you and I say differently given our somewhat similar roots. I hear Lousiana in the "lawyer!" Love it!
Ps - you are brave.I could never so this :) thankfully, I have no webcam and thus an excuse to not even try!
And, lastly, yes. It was "rolling" when we were in school.
Watching you was so fun -- and funny! To me you sound PERFECTLY normal! Most of my answers would have been the same, except I've got some more "rural" answers to a few of the questions. I'm glad to have something nice to call rain when the sun is shining -- "The devil is beating his wife" has always been one of the least favorite expressions that jumps unbidden to mind.
I don't think your accent is very different from mine and I've lived my whole life in the PacNW! Lawyer was a bit different and a couple of other words, but generally we would sound very similar!
Post a Comment