- Am I the only one who hates Halloween costume parties? Bleeerrrggg. I mean, seriously, I WINCE at the thought of dressing up and then having to also make polite conversation with people. (I am hoping for some rah-rah enthusiasm from all of you other Internet-shy-introverted-and hate to make phone calls types.) It's weird because I was such a theater-nerd in high school -- I LIVED to dress up and play a character. But... no more. I've got invitations to two "Costumes Required" parties, both on the same night, unfortunately; they are people I would like to socialize with, but *whiiiiiine* not wearing extra eye-liner and wrinkled polyester! What to do...? If you DO like dressing up, what was your very best costume idea as an adult?
- We had KT's first Parent-Teacher Conference this morning. (Three year old preschool!) We haven't loved her teacher thus far -- she has NOT seemed as warm and loving as some of the previous teachers we've loved, although I've been somewhat willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, seeing as how she SPENDS HER ENTIRE DAY WITH FIFTEEN 3-Year-olds. Perhaps I would not be all sunshine and rainbows at the end of those days (or the beginning, frankly, either) if I were in her position.
However, the conference went well and she said some very nice things about my girl. She's a leader. She is very social, very emotionally aware, proud of her work, very creative, and very smart. She is writing her name without help, except for a little help with the "K." She is able to count from 1 to 39. She recognizes all the letter sounds and letters. She is starting to learn patterns in "math." She can draw the 3yo version of a person (head, arms, legs -- and she adds hands and feet!) She is a talker -- both in knowing the answers to questions, and in never shutting up. They said it's just part of being THREE, but that they also do envision future report cards with "Talks too much in class." I'm told the teacher has had to resort to "KT, Zip It!" when she just won't stop.
a library of my thoughts on motherhood, family, working, and daily life. an attempt to know myself. (hello, self!).
Wednesday, October 12
Notes from an Introvert Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
My best costume so far was last year at 38 weeks pregnant, I was Mary, my husband was joseph and our dog had a lamb costume.
Well, as an "actress" (har har), I can say that I don't like costume parties. 1) If I'm going to wear one, I want it to be good, and who wants to spend money on a good costume? Not me! 2) I do like "disappearing into a role" and all that, but you can't do that at costume parties. You have to be yourself, just yourself dressed up. Bummer.
Yay for KT.
Sherry, EXACTLY!
I just put a tweet out for costume help. I am not really a dress-up kind of person. But I think our kids would love to see us dress up, so I am searching for clever, cheap costume ideas. But I think a party will be fun!
I know Lily will have report cards with Needs Improvement regarding talking out of turn. She is her mother's daughter after all.
Hi!! De-lurking to say that I also HATE costume parties. I never feel as cute/creative/sexy in a costume as other women seem too. But then again I'm generally just not good at pretending.
THANK YOU, NIK-NAK!
I LOVE to dress up! I haven't done so since 2002, though. : ( Maybe I'll whip up a good costume for Halloween 2012. But, NOT this year.
Hello, Jennymacfran!! :) xoxoxo!
Oh, I think Amelia Bedelia would be cute!!!
Hi! : )
Post a Comment