Friday, February 10

Easy Fridays

I have done nearly nothing today, except conduct a couple of phone conversations for an assignment that isn't due until April. I am bascially using up power today in this office, and not much else.

*slight guilt*

But my manager's working at home, it's grey outside and most everyone else is quiet, too.

I went out at lunchtime, got a turkey sandwich and ate it in the lunchroom with a magazine. That's a luxury I rarely allow myself - eating in the lunchroom. Of course, most days it's crowded and loud and not restful to me, but today I guess I picked the right window of time because no one was in there. (I worked out yesterday so today's a day off.) I could have done another errand and then eaten at my desk, but opted out. Downtime at lunch is a good thing.

This evening after an easy dinner of leftovers, DH is helping set up for the pinewood derby tomorrow, AJ's going to a movie night at his karate studio, and KT and I are probably going to go out for ice cream. Then maybe I can convince her to lay in my bed with me and watch a movie, or maybe we can read Paddington Bear.

I am very grateful for days like today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely!