Thursday, April 18

Two funny things for the record-book (blog)

I picked KT up at pre-K on Tuesday, and she was eager to show me a two-sided art masterpiece (!) that she had made. "KT," said her teacher, "What is the word, again?"

"Met-a-mor-pho-sis!" she proudly answered. Pronounced perfectly, which I know is why the teacher asked her in front of me.

"Wow, KT, that's a big word!" I marveled. Then she showed me her artwork.

"Look, Mommy, this is the butterfly, and here's my flower, and the sun, and this is the caller-pitter!"

(Please stay little forever!)

* * * * * * * *

This 2nd story's not quite so charming, although I look forward to the day in the future, when he's 30, and we can look back and really get a good laugh over it.

AJ got in his first real big trouble at school yesterday, for writing something on a classroom bookshelf, in red pen. He and another kid worked together, but he admitted it was his idea. And what words, pray tell, did he feel the need to inscribe on school property?

FART HOUSE.

(Please grow up as soon as possible.)



He got in trouble at home, too -- 2 weeks of no video/computer games, no sleepovers, no new books or toys, and we made him write apology letters to the school and his teacher. He cried. I'm betting that's the last time it happens and I was glad of the teachable moment -- and to have the time to think it through before I saw him. All in all it's a pretty typical rite of boyhood -- and parenting -- passage, I guess, and I'm proud of him for getting through it. He'll live. He'll be smarter now. I can't wait to remind him of it many times in his adulthood. ;)




4 comments:

MaryB said...

Oh my stars! Funny stuff!We need to catch up - Phone date?

Lee said...

Phone date: this weekend? Sometime Saturday afternoon, maybe? or Sunday afternoon?

Sherry said...

Sweet ... and funny! Way to go for your handling of it. I'm dreading the first time I have to punish Madison in a really big way ... and I hope I have the guts to do it. I know I will -- it's so important! Also, by the way, the fact that he admitted it was his idea is awesome cool.

Kathleen Basi said...

Oh, my goodness. I dread those days of boyhood! My oldest isn't big on body humor, but I think the middle boy is going to be!