Not necessarily from staying up late.
Night #3 was not as lovely as I was hoping things would be. We took the kids to an indoor trampoline park at dinnertime, to celebrate AJ's birthday. A great time was had by all, and the kids, of course, were totally panting from all the running around and bouncing off surfaces that those places allow kids to do. (I am SO going to look into "Sky Zone Fitness" for adults! Superfun!) Then we fed them (pizza and) cookie cake, and I misjudged and handed out chocolate bars in place of the loathesome "goodie bags," and KT ate half of hers.
So by the time we got to "bedroom time" at 9:00 (past time), we had all the makings for a fine Sugar Crash layed out in front of us.
And that is what happened, IMHO. Another way you could look at it is that she found a loophole in the fabric of the Love & Logic plan: "I'm SCARED of being alone in my room." The whole L&L deal is predicated on the fact that she's in there, and I'm not. Well, Miss Overtired was having none of that. She was all of a sudden scared of being by herself.
I remained calm. I did not raise my voice. But I did eventually leave her mostly fake-wailing in the dark (9:30). DH had to clean up my mess, I guess, because she switched to crying for him, after that. He managed to quiet her and of course she fell asleep.
We were ALL extra-tired this morning, even though I went to "bed" (couch) at 10:30.
Reporting live. Tune in next time for another riveting installment of My Kid Is In Charge, Against My Will.
4 comments:
I am a terrible, awful friend because this post Cracked. me. up!
As long as you admit that she's cute enough to wield this kind of power, and I'm not a complete wuss for being manipulated by her, I'm cool with it. ;)
Oh my lord, you know that I have ... try for? ... little control. I am number one wuss. I am really impressed that you are trying this, and I am mildly considering it.
Gah. Yes. Oh, Miss KT, sleep for your momma!
(I am dealing with the constantly-nursing-seven-month-old version of this right now and oh, I SO feel your pain!)
Post a Comment