Wednesday, November 13

A few ideas

I kinda would like to have some sort of celebration this summer.

I think my DH appreciates knowing these things, and being given a few ideas. I know it's not even Christmas yet -- I haven't given any ideas for Christmas (we're maybe skipping gifts this year). But I thought I'd put a bug in someone's ear. A

F   O   R   T   I   E   T   H

birthday is happening on a Wednesday in June 2014.

Here are the few ideas. We mustn't do all of them; I'd be thrilled with one:
  • A bottle of Veuve Cliquot
  • or a small family fondue or some-other-atypical party (maybe at the Melting Pot)
  • or a nice-sized party at our house (I'll even help cook and clean)
  • or a surprise party (wherein I do NOT have to help cook and clean) ;) -- is it a surprise if you ask for it?
  • or a weekend getaway, just the two of us?
  • or a day-trip or 1- or 2-night family trip somewhere fun/unusual/interesting? 
Shhh. It feels wrong to say something, but then, I think I probably am better off saying something than feeling pouty if nothing at all were to happen. Normally I'd try NOT to be pouty, and say "It's FINE," but I don't think it would be so fine this year.

Of course for HIS 40th, Kate had pneumonia, I think we ate dinner at home, and I tried to frost a cake myself, which was cakewrecks.com worthy. Truly pathetic. :/ Not sure how to reconcile my guilt about that (he did have a surprise 35th), but I'll have to think about it another time. Hitting Publish before I wimp out....

1 comment:

ya-ya ma said...

Good ideas!