So, Kate came home from school at noon yesterday feeling cruddy. She did a lot of sleeping, and coughing. She was likely feeling cruddy all weekend (Sunday, when her whining was a day-long affair) and Monday morning, which prompted my last post.
Don't I feel like an idiot.
Oh well, nothing to be done for it now. I tried one of the calm, hug-it-out, talk about it techniques this morning with success... the first time. The second tantrum, 5 minutes later, sent me into a rage. I realize this whole thing is likely my problem, not even hers. I'll have a large guilt, please. Hold the self-loathing. If this becomes the go-to technique, then it only took me five and three-quarter years to figure out my own child. Yay?
Anyway, a good sweat would help me feel better so I'm off to yoga today. It's been so long that I'm nervous again, just like the first time I went. Stupid. I hope that guy isn't there. I've always seen him on Fridays; I hope he only goes once a week and not twice. Ugh.
1 comment:
Madison is a really good kid, I know. But there are certain things she does that are ... well ... bratty. And I think some of them are my fault (not wanting to be the bad guy, usually) and some of them aren't. But the hardest part of parenting is dealing with ... anything ... when I'm tired. And I get pretty tired just about every day. I mean, we working moms ... whew. It's tough. And I wonder if I'm more tired than some other moms seem to be because I'm older. Don't know. Just wanted to sympathize and say you're not alone.
Post a Comment