Thursday, February 13

Bathrooms before and after (not that amazing because I'm not a photographer, but still)

Here is the kids' bathroom before. I put up that trains-planes-and-trucks border before Alex was born, and never changed it after Kate, because she didn't mind.

And here's how it looks now, in an unassuming neutral (Sherwin-Williams Versatile Grey) with a buyer-friendly seashell theme.
I'll get rid of the kids' blue hamper, obvs.

If you can believe this, I never took a picture of our awful master bath Before. Imagine a jewel-toned  wallpaper border at the top, over a cream colored wall (painted over wallpaper, of course.) Horrible. Why did we leave it that way for twelve years?! The world will never know. Here is a During:


 (At least you can see what [non] color it was...) And here are some Afters:

We used Sherwin-Williams Silverplate in this room and I really like it. Our realtor suggested putting a curtain in front of the stall shower door, which we never would have thought of, but it really finishes things. Go figure. I feel really dumb for not ever considering it before. (There's a garden tub behind that wall on the right but there's nothing decorative there yet. I'm torn about putting new holes in the walls but we'll see.)


Of course for REAL staging, we'll get rid of some of the stuff on the countertop. I like both of the rooms so much more now.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Awesome!! I've got two projects I want to do. Maybe this summer.

ya-ya ma said...

LOVE the new colors!!

bessie.viola said...

LOVE! Those colors are both so soothing. I am itching to paint a few rooms in our house, too, but I am waiting until spring when I can open windows again.

GREAT choices!!