Monday, February 24

Weekend Recap

Instead of moaning about all there is still left to do to put the house on the market (and there is), let me detail, for my mood's sake, all that got done this weekend.
  • Kate's princess costumes packed away/other junk thrown out
  • 3 bins of toys from Alex's closet moved to basement
  • All the random wall art removed and to basement
  • Decals and posters off Alex's walls
  • A box of books donated to charity
  • Linen closet cleaned out/re-organized/box of unused linens to basement
  • Lots of toys from the living/dining room into a box/to basement
  • Threw out the rest of the bath toys, and a big pile of old kid artwork (sorry, kids)
  • Cleared off bookshelf downstairs (just a few items left for decorative purposes)
  • Removed bookshelf from upstairs landing to basement (thanks, Shawn)
  • Shawn filled in the crack in the garage door so we can paint it tonight 
 Plus, the Pinewood Derby, grocery shopping, yard cleaned up, 2 cars washed/cleaned out (thanks, Shawn, again), kids fed and bathed, Jello made for dessert tonight. And I slept 7 hours every night. So.

I think we're shooting for next week, to have a photographer come and then listing it. Aye-yi-yi.


4 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds like a very productive weekend. Hooray!

I'm very interested in hearing the outcome of the 1 week sleep experiment. I always find it so hard to go to bed early enough - esp. during the week. 10PM-1AM is not often quality adult time or quality alone time and I usually fall asleep on the couch for a while, but it is time and is a hard habit to break.

ya-ya ma said...

You really did get a lot done. I can't believe all the changes you've made. Toys! Wall art! Bath toys! Books! Bookshelf! Necessary for staging of course. But also a reinforcement of the theory that says we should move every 3 years or so, just so we can clear out all our "stuff."

Sherry said...

Wow! Awesome!

bessie.viola said...

Whoooo!! I hope you're patting yourself on the back, lady, because that's a lot!