Our weekend was nice, except for a bummer of a restaurant pick Friday night. We're still experimenting with our new location, you know? Bad news is, we haven't found anything amazing except the brunch place. This was a bar-type place. I had a salmon salad, supremely boring. I wanted wings with blue cheese. I did have one of Shawn's wings, and in fact it was too salty, hence the thumbs-down review. Does anyone care about this paragraph? No.
We went to Mass on Sunday morning -- my choir's first Mass of the school year. When I arrived, I stopped at the "time and talent" tables to say hi to a friend, then inside, I ran into my high school buddy, Alex, who lives in town and, lo and behold, attends our church. His last name and mine were right next to each other on all the rosters, so we frequently had lockers and homerooms together, all those years ago. What fun to see him. While talking to him, three different people came up behind me and wanted to say hi or share a hug. I felt FULL with friendship - just the way it's supposed to be. I love that. And then, after a dismal pre-game rehearsal that convinced me we were going to sing a whole step flat all morning, we pulled off an a cappella anthem, and ended it PERFECTLY in tune, in the right key. Amazing.
After that it was football-watching time, and a nail-biter for the Falcons! I mostly sat and enjoyed the game and my Diet Pepsi. Only had to attend to Kate once, really -- she and Alex played and watched Scooby Doo in the other room, occupied with other kids. Bliss! This coming Sunday the family who hosted is coming to our house -- our first non-family, actual party-attending guests! I'm making chili. I'm debating letting Kate have a girly friend over at the same time, since the football friends only have two teenage boys.
What more can we ask for? A relaxing weekend, time with friends and family, love of God displayed ...? Nothing! Well, maybe just a delicious place to eat dinner. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment