Ooooh, something happened earlier at work that SET ME OFF and I vented to my coworker very loudly about it! I'm still feeling the heartrate increase and it's been at least an hour. I think all the same drama/stress (firings and hirings, and lots of attitudes and me still feeling undirected and underappreciated, in a small company) that's been squashed down over the last few weeks just finally had to get out. Normally I just type my little typings, do my thing, head down. Get the work done and get out of there. But today, man. Watch out.
;)
Why are so many workplaces so stupid??
I wasn't sure how we were going to manage this past weekend's family schedule, but we did it. Multiple Saturday sleepovers and cross-town birthday parties for the kids to attend, a party for the adults (Shawn and I made our appearance but could hardly wait to leave it, sadly), and a fun concert on Friday night (Capital Cities in downtown ATL) kept us going in high-gear until Saturday around 9:00pm. I got changed into my comfy pants and basically went to bed right then. I was d.o.n.e. Slept until 8:00 am on Sunday, and weirdly, or maybe not weirdly, I was even more tired Sunday afternoon. Like, HEAVY tired.
So THIS weekend, if we were smarter, would be long, lazy days at home with nothing to do. Unfortunately, that is not how it's going to be. Tra-la! We're in the thick of fall! Shawn and Alex (and Brandon) leave for their Scout camping trip early Saturday morning. Right on their tails the same morning, Kate and I must attend a 5K fundraiser for my job. I want to look forward to it -- a chance to be outside and walk, casually, in one of my favorite spots in town -- but it's supposed to be 30-something degrees out and it's the day after Halloween! Blerg!! NOT optimal timing. And then in the evening, Kate sings with the choir at Mass, AND she wants a friend to spend the night, too. YEESH. Speaking of which, I'd better get off here so I can email the mom.
But maybe after THAT, on Sunday, I will be free to rest (ha) or do something *I* want to do. Like decorating the guest room a little. Maybe.
What things are you doing this fall?
2 comments:
It's probably a good sign that you get MAD every once in a while. You are both normal and not a doormat. When I go to the theatre, I seeth internally about things undone and messed up. Fortunately (?), no one is around until I am calm. Things are very, very busy, and we're going to DISNEYWORLD this weekend! WHOO-HOO! Hope it's the stuff dreams are made of and all that! Now I'm off to do the 10 million tasks due before the weekend (and throw in school being out tomorrow -- kind of wish somebody would call and offer a playdate).
What is it about fall weekends that makes them so crazy busy? It's been that way around here too. I am hoping for a lazier weekend this weekend, and that MAYBE Maddie and I can bake a few batches of Christmas cookies to squirrel away! (I am aiming for a very relaxed December, so trying to prep a bit in advance.)
Sometimes you need to get a little MAD to get over things, you know? Or at least I find that's true for me.
Post a Comment