(HA!! I hadn't thought of that refrain in a long time, but when I put my cursor in the Title box and thought about my topic, that is what came out! "Songprayers" 1981, for the win!)
Friends are good to have around. Especially slightly pushy, but overly complimentary and athletic friends.
Ann has been telling me for weeks that my little bit of weight loss is showing in my face. So complimentary.
Ann has,as you know, just been a kidney donor, and recovered from that, and is not-so-secretly jealous that I've been losing weight while she has been gaining it.
Ann is also the mother of the bride, this June, and eager to get 20 pounds removed from her person. (Ann does not need to do anything at all. She is lovely.)
So anyway, she pulled up to my parked car the other day while I was doing my volunteer job at the school, and talked to me through her open window. Or, I should say, she talked at me, about how she really thinks I look great, and she just "needs the accountability, you know...? and are you doing WeightWatchers? and [she] looooooves to walk... and used to walk with a friend who.... well, never mind..." and.... I think what happened next was that I agreed that she and I would start walking at my office building at noon on Mondays and Fridays.
Just like that. ("I'm just a girl who can't say no, I'm in a turrible fix!")
It's great to have an appointment to workout, especially since I've been lamenting and wishing I could stick with an exercise plan... but not sticking with it, or even starting it, on my own. And it's super-great (sarcasm) to walk with someone who walks JUST about a minute per mile faster than I walk (or else it's the 2 inches height she's got on me). She won't slow down to stay with me, so I am forced to go faster than I would normally go and yet I still stay about 6 inches behind her. Ugh. But we've walked twice now and I'm glad. Also scared because I get the feeling we're doing this now, for good, even when it starts to get stupid hot in Georgia summer. Eeks.
Today, cooling off in the office locker room after our 2 miles in 27 minutes (!), I remembered when I was spending lots of my time in there, and I smiled with the idea of getting back to feeling smug and in my fitness "zone."
No comments:
Post a Comment