1. We learned that the rental house 2 doors down from our old house -- have I already told you this? -- has new tenants, who, according to our source, have "sh!t all over the yard." We drove by there once, and even though it was nearly dark, we could see some sh!t. Trailers and bins... it was Whoa.
DH has thanked me a number of times for spearheading the Real Estate project and getting us out of there. It's satisfying. ;)
In fact, where we live now is continuing to grow, with large new neighborhoods popping up all over the place. Well, at least trees being mowed down in preparation for new neighborhoods. Traffic definitely feels thicker than it did this time last year, and it looks like there will be more influx of people/cars in the future. So far, it isn't unmanageable, but the window for leaving the house is NARROW. If we're not out of there between 6:45 and 7:05, forget it.
2. I'm so proud of us, for stretching our groceries to last 2 weeks. Last Sunday I just didn't go to Publix. Didn't feel like it? Knew we had enough? Had just paid bills and didn't wanna spend any more cash? Whatever it was. I did have to buy milk, bread, apples, ham, and some on-sale crackers for the kids' snacks, on Wednesday. But for the most part, we have been totally fine without spending my usual weekly $140 or so. Yesterday I had thawed chicken breasts in the fridge and I was certain they would be bad by 5:30 pm. So I tossed 'em in the crockpot before I left the house, with BBQ sauce, Zesty Italian, brown sugar, and voila! Shredded chicken bbq sandwiches for dinner. We happened to have burger buns on-hand. Other times in the week, we used leftovers wisely. ....Fine, I will admit that Monday was a bit of a bust; the kids had McDonald's milkshakes after school, and Spaghetti Ohs for dinner. The hipster/Paleo/bento-box moms do not approve! And speaking of boxes, more days than not, the kids' lunchboxes didn't include a fruit or vegetable. BUT STILL. I am happy about the whole deal. Tonight's dinner might have to be made from Bisquik, but I do have it, and milk! WIN.
3. New Dude at work: Takes notes, has been trained, has been given procedure documents... tells me this morning, "I don't remember all the steps." ARGH. (But he did give me a red pear, so I'm considering forgiveness.)
3 comments:
Thank you for being real. (My mom told me this weekend that Madison's diet was atrocious, except for supper. It's not -- really.) I will happily start my work now!
So, I'm coming back to say that Madison is not actually watching 3 TV shows a day. When I wrote that, she was on a little TV binge, and it was too much. It's been bugging me that you've probably been thinking ... whatever! Crazy, I know.
Sherry, you crack me up. I had no negative thoughts. 3 TV shows a day is a regular occurrence at my house.... before the next 2 shows! Hahaha. Especially on weekends, good grief. (_I'm_ the worst! No, I AM.) ;)
Post a Comment