Just want to let all my 3 readers know that things did get better. Tuesday was weird, for sure. But after I wrote my post, I got up and walked to an empty conference room where I stood in the window for a few minutes and adjusted the blinds to let the sun in. I looked up "yoga poses for calm" or something like that, and was advised to do forward bends, so I did. I drank some water. When I got back to my desk, I dug in to the project that was most vexing from my morning Inbox. I finished it. That is what finally calmed my breathing and my nervous tummy.
And the rest of the day was good. A frozen meal from Bird's Eye made Tuesday night's dinner easy, and everyone ate some of it. Piano lessons for Alex got cancelled that night and that eased the evening still more. Kate was determined to be the first kid dressed and downstairs on Wednesday morning - what inspired her, I don't know, but I'll take it. Ordinary days = gift.
And today is good. For starters, it's Shawn's birthday. I love that guy. :) This morning in meditation (please understand, by "in meditation" I only mean "while driving to work, sometimes I leave the radio off and let my mind wander") I was reminded of the fact that all I ever wanted was to be, when I was a kid, was a wife and mommy, and maybe an editor. And I get to do all those things every day. (Sometimes I also wanted to be a teacher, and still do (want summers off and want to teach English and literature), until I think about grading papers and being with kids all day long). Anyway, I'm better for today, and it should be documented.
1 comment:
love :)
Post a Comment