Welp, this morning (again) she didn't want to go to school. Yesterday, of course, was her long activities day -- she had basketball at 6 and then gymnastics from 7:30-8:30. When I saw her at 4:30 she said she felt fine. But continuing on meant that she didn't get into bed until 9:30.
Glad I remembered to bring the laptop home. The bonus for me includes:
- coffee in a ceramic mug instead of a tumbler
- refills
- Spanish eggs for breakfast
- a candle burning all day
- sock feet and comfy pants
- Christmas tree lights for cheer
- HGTV and Food Network in my ear, instead of Customer Service Reps in the cubicles next to me
- carpool at 3:00
I already had a Skype call before Kate even woke up, so that's good. Work from home days are the best.
2 comments:
One day about a month ago Madison asked if she could not ride her bike to school because she was tired. I said, "Oh, you'll be fine!" Two hours later I had to pick up a girl vomiting everywhere. Boy, sometimes you feel like the Worst Mom Ever!!! But I keep my homemade Best Mom Ever medal beside my bed to remind me that some days are better than others! Enjoy your work-at-home day! I feel guilty quite often (big surprise) for my almost daily sweats attire and ceramic mugs! The best!
She slept until 8:15 that work-from-home morning, set up a little nest on the couch, watched most of a movie, then took a nap, read some of her book, did a little art, still on the couch, took ANOTHER nap... so she must have really needed it.
Post a Comment