Monday, August 21

Last week stuff, this week stuff

Last week's meetings started well, got fairly intense and exhausting (Tuesday night I had a mini breakdown - just a few stress-related tears is all - followed by a much-needed workout and hard sleep... I think it was those meetings combined with the 2nd week of school), ended with a flurry of work-related activity, and were tempered by the nice feeling of friendship among the three of us coworkers. At least there was/is that. The dinner party at my house felt like a highlight, including my family being so sweet and making me so proud. I want to remember Alex hugging me when he could see I was slightly panicked about getting things ready before the guests arrived... and then offering to clear the table after we ate.

And now that big week is over, and it's Monday again, and I suppose I have to get back to actual work. :/  No one wants that!

It's also Eclipse Day, August 21, 2017, and we're doing exactly nothing to celebrate at home. Of course, the thing takes place in the middle of the day, making it difficult. I just saw a slew of Facebook posts and learned that many families in my circle are traveling an hour or 2 north so they can see the Totality (we're only in the path of Partial Eclispe), taking their kids out of school and everything. So naturally I feel guilty now, that we're not doing that. The school ordered eclipse glasses for every student and they're doing some special science activities when it happens, though, so all is not lost. I vaguely remember being on my school playground, looking through an index card with a hole in it, when I was really young; evidently there was a solar eclipse in February, 1979, but the timing isn't right for me to have been on the St. Anthony's playground in that month/year, so maybe I'm confused. But anyway, I hope my kids will have happy memories of an Epic Natural Event. http://mashable.com/2017/08/18/1979-total-solar-eclipse-footage/#LjMcIbOaXaqR

(The guy on that 1979 video mentions the date August 21, 2017, "38 years from now," and says something like, "we pray that eclipse will appear over a world at peace." Hrm. We needed that prayer more than he knew.)

In a few minutes, Shawn and I are meeting up at a law office to finally sign our first Last Will and Testament. Yikes. Seems auspicious on a day when our sun will be darkened in the middle of the day LOL! We've known we should have one, and hopefully within an hour, that task will be checked off our list. (Until the kids get to be adults and we have to change it.)

Then we'll continue with our busy lives, just trying to enjoy each day as much as I enjoyed the chicken pot pie casserole I made for dinner last night. :)

No comments: