Tuesday, August 22

Something for the "menus" category

Just because. I think it's a decent lineup this week.

Sunday: We had this Chicken Pot Pie. I had baked 6 chicken thighs one night last week, but as it turned out, no one was hungry. And I always have Bisquick and frozen peas and carrots on-hand. I also added a little corn and some leftover chopped broccoli. Cleaned out the fridge for the win! It was yummy with a Caesar salad.

Monday: Patty Melts and Roasted New Potatoes. My family was like, "Where's the Bread??" But guess what, family: We should all eat less of it. I can see I'm starting to rely on those roasted potatoes as a side item. Everyone will be sick of them if I don't back off a little, lol.

Tuesday: Grilled Cheese and Soup. (What was that she said about bread? Whoops.) We have a little gumbo leftover, I have chicken noodle available, and tortilla soup mix, and we have activities/meetings tonight so it's gotta be a quick one.

Wednesday: Chicken Parmesan with egg noodles. It's super easy, but doesn't seem like it. I think I'll make some sauteed zucchini to go with it. These kids need to eat more vegetables, seriously. (I'm always of the opinion that kids as skinny as Alex should just EAT and it doesn't really matter what, but sometimes I do feel vegetable guilt.)

Thursday: Welcome to Moe's! This year it's piano on Thursday nights at 6:15, and we got really hungry before the lessons ended the one time we didn't eat first. So now I know to stop somewhere on the way.

Friday: Make your own Pizza night. Tomato sauce is a vegetable. ;)

No comments: