Monday, October 1

What's For Dinner? x Infinity

Been trying to plan better weekly dinner menus, with a few new recipes, the last two weeks. Now I'm reading LL's and mine pale in comparison (this is why you shouldn't compare yourself to other women) but still, I have felt pretty good about what we've been eating.

Last Week (and/or the week before):
Sunday: NEW Salmon burgers! These were delicious, I thought, including the avocado salsa. I tried to get the kids to try it. Served them with whole grain buns (trying so hard to be as food conscientious as I think I ought to be), but the family determined the bun flavor overtook the salmon a bit too much. I didn't eat one but I can believe it. I think we also had corn on the cob, and broke one of our little yellow corn handles that I've had since we got married. 

Monday: One-pan smoked sausage, potatoes, sweet potatoes and broccoli, all roasted. Actually two pans, because I made both regular and chicken-apple sausage, and a lot of potatoes. Everyone loves this meal.

Tuesday: BBQ Meatballs, with mashed potatoes (Steam and Mash!) and corn. So super easy. 

Wednesday: Teriyaki Chicken and Rice, with sugar snap peas that got overcooked and were not delicious. 

Thursday: NEW Lemon Butter Chicken, served with Uncle Ben's Wild Rice and probably green beans. I liked the chicken; it was even good as lunch leftovers with the rice, which is saying something. Usually I pack leftovers up and then end up throwing them away 1.5 weeks later.

(A few days are fuzzy in here, but I know one night I made a Pizza Ring using Crescent Roll dough, we had a Taco Tuesday at some point, and one night I made Meatloaf.)

On the menu This Week:

This past Saturday: On request, Shawn made Spaghetti and garlic knots for Kate and her sleepover buddy. I had a work event and didn't get to eat them, but I'm told the noodles didn't even stick together! Mine always do. (The sleepover buddy, however, was kind enough to tell me later that HER mom's noodles stick together, and she LIKES it that way. That kid can come back anytime.)

Sunday: Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup. Easy go-to that I will enjoy the rest of this week at lunch.

Monday: Tuna Casserole! Another golden oldie. Still, I feel good about this because it's our Serving of Fish. With fruit salad (yummy, yummy).

Tuesday: Spicy Fried Chicken! Spicy for Shawn and me, only Garlicky for the kids. ;)

Wednesday: We are going out to Moe's, because Kate is spending the night out (she is off school at the end of this week). Nachos for me, I think. Yum.

Thursday: Chicken Parmesan over egg noodles, probably. I don't usually bread the chicken, but maybe I'll try this recipe this week.


P.S. Good grief, I just clicked the "menus" category and every single time I post a menu, it includes Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup. I guess.... consistency? Maybe it will be the meal the kids request when they come home from college? hahaha! Oh, dear.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Yum. Love Kate's friend. My pasta always sticks together, too.