Yesterday was a really great day, for simple reasons. I:
- Had a 7:00 am global meeting -- am always allowed to do those from home -- but then it had technical difficulties so I didn't even end up attending it.
- Had a 9:15 am orthodontist appointment for Alex, so I hung out at home after the non-meeting. I rearranged one shelf in my dishes cabinet for easier access, and I petted my kittehs.
- Didn't have to do a single thing at the orthodontist, not even pay (we paid our full amount already and this was just a retainer check); I read magazines and Twitter.
- Voted! With Alex in tow, I went right after the orthodontist to the polls, waiting in line about 45 minutes with kind people, hopefully imparted to Alex the importance of his future votes, and voted without the usual internal struggle of choosing the lesser of 2 evils.
- Put dinner in the crock pot (pork butt, for pulled pork later) and made my delicious lunch (a turkey/salami roll-up with lettuce and pepperocinis, yum).
- Finally, after essentially the entire morning off, went to the office. Half-days are the best days. :)
- Had lots of proofreading work to do (my favorite kind - it's low-stress and high-result).
- Showed the CEO, who happens to be in town, a letter I wrote for her -- i.e., it will have her signature under it -- and she approved. Was very kind, in fact, and complimentary. And she gave me a hug.
- Served the slow-cooked pork on slider buns with tater tots and salad. *Angels sang.*
- Watched "Manifest" with the family. It's fairly cheesy, but the kids like it.
- Fell asleep while the election results started rolling in.
It was nice, noticing throughout the day what a pleasant day I was having.
Today I have more proofreading to do, which will allow me to keep looking at election results most of the day since our GA races aren't fully decided yet. Plus, it's Wednesday, which is Shan and my regular lunch day. What will we eat? Mexican food? Sushi? Salads? There's so much possibility. ;) Tonight is a leftovers night at home, and then choir practice, which I want to skip but probably won't, because I'm reliable like that. We're starting Advent music, and singing Lo, How a Rose E're Blooming, one of my favorites.
If you asked me "How are you?" today, I would say, "I can't complain," and really mean it.
2 comments:
Nice.
That sounds like a really excellent day, all around. I love proofreading, too -- it's such a high-yield work activity. So satisfying.
And now I am going to be humming "Lo How a Rose" for the rest of the day. Not an unpleasant ear worm. :-)
Post a Comment