I haven't posted anything in the "health" category in a loonnng time. But want to record here that I've been working out consistently for 4 weeks: 5 times a week, 30 minutes each time. The minimum that the health people advise, but the maximum I've worked out ... maybe ever. I had a high cholesterol lab result at the beginning of July, and it turns out that was all I needed to motivate myself to start getting out of bed at 5:30 again.
It's no fun. I have to convince myself EVERY morning by saying in my head, "You won't regret it. You won't regret it." But I'm doing it. I decided about a year ago that I don't enjoy walking for exercise. I mean, in a pinch I will do it, especially if I can listen to a good podcast while I walk. But I don't like making that my main activity. I did, for years. It was easy, no equipment required, it was outdoors (fresh air!)... but just like your taste buds change as you get older, so do your exercise preferences.
These days I'm doing videos. I think the Internet has been great for semi-introverts (read: no gyms!) who still want to work on fitness. I try to mix it up with low-impact cardio, some toning with hand weights and abs/core, and really only once a week doing a "yoga flow" that gets the heart pumping -- all from YouTube. If you're in the market for something new to you, I found Pahla B. Fitness, and am liking her. She's goofy, but relatable as a "real" person. She's not a skinny 20-something, and I feel like we could be friends. ;) And of course I still love Yoga with Adriene.
I'm not trying to diet or even watch the scale (much). Just working in hopes of lowering cholesterol.
That's it, that's the post.
(Hee, I love that recent trend in online writing: "That's it. That's the Tweet." etc.)
1 comment:
Hey good for you! It is SO HARD to get into an exercise routine. There are still so many days where I hate it. But I am really trying to exercise five days a week, even if I have to force myself. Bleh.
I love Yoga with Adriene, too! She is so laid back.
Post a Comment