I might want to use a comp day next week, in fact, because Alex has his Fall Break -- a full week off -- but Kate doesn't. Such is the life of having 2 kids in 2 different school systems, but it kinda stinks. Last year, he didn't get to enjoy anything different about his Fall Break OR his extra February Break. The mom guilt is high. I want to fix it so he's not sitting at home for a week in all the breaks to come -- although to be honest, I think after his summer of all-band-all-the-time, he isn't too sad to have some downtime coming his way.
(Related: Last week I had a day of near melancholy as I realized we only have this school year, plus 2 MORE, with Alex at home. Yes. Two. The number stopped me in my tracks.)
Anyway, we'll be in Philly and I hope to eat a cheese steak! We have plans on the afternoon of Friday, to go see the Downton Abbey movie. It will probably be the best workday ever! For this particular conference, we aren't exhibiting, which means it will just be a non-stressful day of networking and learning.
I will for sure miss my family. (See above, 2 years left!) Especially in the fall, I prefer to be home on weekend mornings, sipping coffee on my back patio in the morning and baking something or making soup in the afternoons. But I will endure 3 nights in a hotel room all by myself, if I must. ;)
I will for sure miss my family. (See above, 2 years left!) Especially in the fall, I prefer to be home on weekend mornings, sipping coffee on my back patio in the morning and baking something or making soup in the afternoons. But I will endure 3 nights in a hotel room all by myself, if I must. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment