I hope you know that it's Girl Scout cookie delivery season. (The most wonderful time of the year!) I hope you know that beyond the shadow of a doubt. :) We do. We even purchased ours from a sweet young lady who politely knocked at our door (with her mother waiting, a very non-intrusive distance away, behind her). She didn't even make us pay 'til she delivered them! I was pleasantly surprised by the process.
I was NOT surprised that the cookies are still as delicious and sinful as evar.
I was disappointed that AJ announced he does, in fact, like mint + chocolate together, and now I have to share my preshus green box for the first time in YEARS. YEARS!, I tell you!! Sigh.
It prompted me to want to rank my Top Five cookies, like we rank our Top Five Hottie Celebs. It wasn't very hard for me: I counted them off:
1. Thin Mints.
2. Deluxe Grahams.
3. Chips Ahoy original.
4. Nutter Butters.
5. Oreos (Double Stuff). and/or/esp., the peanut butter ones.
AJ decided that his favorites are:
1. Thin Mints.
2. Fudge Stripes.
3. Oreos.
4. Chocolate chip.
5. Sugar cookies. (With the hole in the middle. He specified.)
I was all, "What? It's your first TIME with the Thin Mints! You can't know that they're your FAVORITE yet. and by the way they're MINEALLMINE!" Heh.
No, seriously. They ARE mine. I paid for them.
No, seriously.
So then I asked husband and he was all, "I don't have favorite cookies." Which wouldn't be THAT surprising because he isn't much of a dessert guy, but COME ON. I said, "You mean to tell me if fourteen kinds of cookie were lined up in front of you, there isn't one that you'd pick up FIRST?" (COME ON.)
So he said:
1. Fudge Stripes.
2. Chips Ahoy.
3. Soft Batch chocolate chip. (mmm! I'd forgotten those! Flashback to Grandmother's kitchen table!)
4. Butter Cookies (the Danish ones in the blue tin)
5. Scotch Oatmeal from Byrd Cookie Co.
Thank goodness he could answer that question; I was going to be worried about our future together if he didn't.
What does it say that we all only love processed cookies? After that somewhat pathetic thought occurred to me, I almost put homemade peanut butter cookies in slot #4... but you know what? I think homemade cookies should be a separate poll altogether.
15 comments:
Dude. WORLD'S BEST TOPIC.
1) Coconut Macaroons
2) Nutter Butters
3) Homemade peanut butter, the kind that you criss-cross with a fork in the middle
3) Oatmeal Raisin, made with boiled raisins and using the raisin water in the recipe (gawd, I'm so SPECIFIC)
4) Spritz (butter cookies)
5) Swistle's chocolate mint cookies
Um. I will be checking back on these comments. JUST SAYIN.
OH MAN, Swistle's chocolate-mint cookies. See, THAT's why I have to put homemade in a separate category. But they would be NUMBER ONE. (Obvs, since I did, like, a 3-post SERIES on them back in 2007. LOL)
my word verification: lickto
OH, you KNOW how I feel about COOKIES! They are actually my favorite dessert. I mean, I'm including CHEESECAKE and ICE CREAM! But I agree about homemade. That's where it's at. Love, love, love.
But I'll take a Pepperidge Farm white choc and macadamia nut any day. Then Samoas. Then Chips Ahoy. Then Oreos. Then Nutter Butters. I have to stop now.
I think you're right .. homemade cookies need their own list!!
1.Chips Ahoy (standard .. the hardness makes it easier to dunk in milk)
2.Pepperidge Farm Brussels
3.Thin Mints (b/c you cant get them all the time and b/c I have recently RENEWED my love for them)
4.any kind that includes shortbread and chocolate
5.Little Debbie Fudge Rounds (I guess technically NOT a cookie but they are round and layered and soft and bad for you and they taste great broken up in a mug with chocolate ice cream and a little milk poured in!!)
MMM. COOKIES. Here's mine:
1). Homemade Peanut Blossoms (the peanut butter ones with kisses in the middle)
2). Homemade chocolate crinkles
3). Homemade chocolate chip
4). Homemade gingersnaps
5). Homemade sugar cookies
I am SPOILED. My mom was always baking when I grew up, so I have a prejudice. However, I'm with you - for processed cookies, Thin Mints are definitely #1!
And OOOH I have to try some of Swistle's recipes...
Oh, Mandy, FUDGE ROUNDS!!
Love those.
1) Oreos. With double stuff
2) Thin Mints
3) Chips Ahoy
4) Brussels / Brussels Mint
5) Gingersnaps. With chocolate cream cheese to spread on.
Homemade. Do I even know 5 homemade cookies? Sadly, I am not a baker. But here goes:
1) Melt Aways
2) Sand Tarts / wedding cookies
3) Swistle's chocolate mint cookies. And I haven't even had them. El-e-e, you'd better send me the recipe (how did I miss that in 2007?).
4)Chocolate Chip
5) Bourbon Balls. Do they qualify as a cookie?
okay, assuming homemade is a separate category:
1. Nutter Butter/Girl Scout Do-si-dos (they taste the same to me)
2. Oreos (double stuff or regular, doesn't matter)
3. Sugar Cookies with the hole in the middle
4. Pepperidge Farm Brussels
5. Deluxe Grahams
HOMEMADE IS SO A SEPARATE CATEGORY.
1. Chewy Chips Ahoy
2. Soft Batch
3. Thin Mints
4. Fudge Stripes
5. Those little Keebler Elf sandwich cookies with the chocolate filling
Not that I buy these anymore, because when I DO I eat the ENTIRE BOX. I wish I were kidding. You should have seen my desk drawers in my office when I was pregnant with J. COOKIE CITY.
1. Shortbread sandies
2. Archway soft strawberry filled
3. Pepperidge Frams gingerbread men
4. Nutter butters
5. Fig newtons
1. Pepperidge Farms soft-baked white chocolate chip macadamia nut.
2. tag-alongs (the peanut butter GS ones)
3. pecan sandies
4. vienna fingers
5. GS shortbread cookies ( iforget the official name)
I'm totally stealing this - great topic!
you people with your mint + chocolate....UGH! Aack! yuck!
1. Milanos (esp the choc/amaretto or the white/dark, but NOT mint Milanos!)
2. Bordeauxs
3. Samoas (or Carmel delites we call them now, eh?)
4. Do Chococlate Teddy Grahams count as a cookie?
5. REAL amaretti - in the red box individually wrapped in paper. Expensive and worth the splurge now and then. acutally, I might should have made these #2 on my list, but now I am too lazy to cut, copy, and paste.....
I used to love Chips Ahoy, but I make really good homemade chocolate chip cookies now, and no longer like Chips Ahoy. I love the Golden Oreos, you know, the ones that are butter cookies with chocolate filling? I like iced oatmeal cookies, and iced molasses cookies, and peanut butter cookies, but only soft and chewy ones.
I am weird about Girl Scout cookies. I will buy them (mainly for Beaux) but they're not my thing, because they taste so different than when I was a kid! It drives me crazy that there are like, 12 cookies to a box. Still, my favorite are Samoas.
Top Three Non-Homemade Cookies:
1: Chips Ahoy Chunky Chocolate Chip
2: Milanos, double chocolate
3: Molasses cookies
I can't think of any more! But Swistle's Postpartum Choc. Chip cookies are AMAZING and they are definitely my favorite too - I make them w/ chocolate chunks. I also have a recipe for cake mix cookies that are way yummy.
1) shortbread
2) snickerdoodle
3) wedding cookies (the ones with powdered sugar and nuts)
4) almond joy cookies (made by local bakery)
5) oatmeal raisin
Post a Comment