Anybody trading recipes on Tuesdays anymore? Hello? (echo - o -o ?) Here's what I've been throwing together lately to snack on. Not enormously healthy, but I learned recently that the honey-roasted (sugary!) peanuts have fewer cals than regular salted. And that is awesome.
Trail Mix
Mix a handful or two of:
Honey Nut Cheerios
Honey-roasted peanuts
Corn Chex (leftover from making Chex Mix at Christmas!)
Goldfish, if we have some (I need to start buying the 10-gallon box at Costco)
Semi-sweet morsels (most important ingred., OBVS)
Raisins (I put a lot of those suckers in)
I put this in the snack-size ziplocs and take 'em to work. One baggie will be my "snacking" for the day. IF I pace myself, which is difficult.
Hey, how are ya? I'm good, good. I am a supermodel today! No seriously, we're doing a photoshoot... of me! For the "magazine editor" part of my job. I feel altogether SILLY about doing this -- I mean, couldn't we just print my "From the Editor" column without a photo? But apparently, no. This morning I spent 10 minutes on my hair, rather than five, and last night I used the IRON. It's this smart little device that you heat up and then press down on your clothes? And then they aren't wrinkled anymore! Ingenious!
Better post soon, I promise. Maybe even a Pay-It-Forward giveaway. I'm jonesing for something fun around here.
Speaking of fun, this post from Tiffany The Hilarious had me snorting a beverage through my nose last night. Go, have a laugh.
3 comments:
eric has been taking trail mix with him on his trips .. he uses peanuts, almonds, m&m's, raisins and cheerios ..he'll make a big container and then make baggies to take .... so glad our households on on the "same page" .. collin loves it too! I tell him to stick some gold fish in there too:)
I am getting more and more intriqued about your new job ... I feel like I have missed a post or two with you describing it??!!??!!
Trail mix sounds yummy. Maybe I will make some for my family. We'll be grabbing snacks a lot, now that 3 kids are playing t-ball/softball. You must share the photos when you can, you supermodel.
Honey roasted peanuts have fewer calories than salted? I'm totally on that.
Post a Comment