It is HOT. Wait, let me rephrase: it is Super-Hot. Steamy. Sticky. Beyond Muggy. Little AJ and I had Recess today. It was only intended to last about 10 minutes, because I knew it was hot out there, and I think we got to 8 and three-quarters before I scooped him up and took him inside. The stifling weather plus his new big-boy sneakers and socks made for one sweaty little boy! He was too cute, trying to walk in the new shoes, on the uneven surface of the grass. He insisted on carrying the dog's ball-thrower thingy -- you've seen this, right? It's my best friend because it means I don't have to touch the wet, nasty tennis ball between fetches, ew! -- but it was a little bit awkward for a person who stands 2.01 feet in stature. He kept falling down. I hope the know-it-all neighbor wasn't watching out her window. She's constantly saying "Well, pretty SOON, AJ will be able to keep up with Kelsey," (who's 18 months old). As if he isn't GOOD ENOUGH at walking yet to play with her much advanced toddler girl. Whatever. He WALKS, I tell you. He was just a little wobbly on his new wheels this afternoon.
Plus, that heat must have been making him a little goofy. It definitely fried my brain! Whew! Hot!
No comments:
Post a Comment