Tuesday, October 24

Smell that delicious dust in the heating unit

Mmmmmmm.

I'm skipping my workout this morning. At least, I'm skipping it until 8:00, and then if I feel like it, I might get my shoes on. It's near freezing outside - possibly the coldest Oct 24 has ever been in recorded Georgia history - and I want warm coffee and a toasty breakfast first (light versions of cream, cream cheese, etc., of course). My scale was teasing me this morning in the weekly weigh-in, blinking to 139 and back to 140.5, blinky blinky. Cheap piece of crap.

It's one of those mornings where you just CAN'T drag out of bed; it's too painful to leave your warm cozy nest. (It's no coincidence they call it a "comforter.") You have to call on all your resolve, and fight with the muscles that have somehow atrophied or... died during the night. They moan and creak when you force them to move. And then you remember you did a big ol' Pilates section yesterday. Owww. Dadgum, that V-sit is killer.

In other news, because I'm sure you've had about all you can stand about My Belly, I think we're skidding into the slow November/December lull at the office. It's a cyclical business and this is usually the season where we can take long lunches and not worry about it. But I'll tell ya, some days sitting in the cube, watching the Internet go by, wondering when the next scrap of work will come in, you sure do wonder what in the world ELSE you could be doing with your time. It's one of the things I like about my job, as well as one that I don't like. Maybe this year I'll try to be productive and learn some new software, or something. Or maybe I'll spend some vacation days and reacquaint myself with Macy's and Bath & Body.

Ooh, Christmas list! That could keep me busy for a while...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photo!!! Did you use a timer or did you get some help from the man of the house?

el-e-e said...

Timer. I felt like such a dork!

el-e-e said...

You know it, J! :)