Monday, October 9

Starting off right...


ROARRR! Hear me? I just worked out. Aww, yeah. 7:00 am babee! I was hittin' it hard. Well, not really hard, just some lo-impact aerobics and hurts-so-good pilates with Denise on LifetimeTV. But I intend to do a 2nd session (!) later in the day when my butt is tired from sitting in front of the computer for a few hours. It's hard being a girl sometimes. The Last Ten Pounds should be the title of a book they give us in 6th grade after all the other girl-talk, because it seems like we're bonded for life with that topic. Up and down, down and back up. As if ten little pounds makes us better or worse. (At least our husbands promise to love us either way!)

It cannot be that hard to workout 2-3x a week. LORD, help me to do this! Monday morning. Tuesday morning. One day on the weekend. Easy, right? So that is once again the plan. Plus all the Wiggles dancing I can handle. Can YOU point your fingers and do the twist??

This is what happens, of course, after a weekend with house guests. :) My parents were here and we ate... a lot. But Saturday we also took AJ to the Zoo! It was a fantastic day. He liked the flamingos best, followed by the elephants and giraffe, I think. The very minute we got to one animal, he was asking, "What next, Mama? Let go hee homething elt." But that's good, I guess -- when you take a small child to the Zoo, you only have limited time to see it all. He was working in our favor, really.

I'm quite grateful for such a nice weekend. Despite the fact Husband had to work on Saturday morning, and therefore we were driving separately the whole day -- I really missed having him in the seat next to me -- it was a beautiful day and lots of fun. Then on Sunday morning we went to the park with our neighbors and AJ enjoyed the slide about a trillion times. He was scared to try it at first (the tall one), but after his inital anxious trip down with Mommy, he was hooked and took it on all by himself. That small bit of independence, with the breeze blowing his hair all the way down, looked great on him. His laughter was pitch-perfect. :)

For a Monday, I guess I'm feeling pretty damn good.

4 comments:

Jules said...

Yes, I CAN "point my fingers & do the twist"...I can ALSO "Stand on one foot and shake my hands". LOL

Good for you! I also need ot lose THE LAST 10 LBS!! HELP. I went on the sonoma diet and in 5-6 wks lost about 11 lbs...now I am STUCK!

Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Okay Okay. I am not going to heatup a cinnamon roll to go with my coffee...I am too inspired(guilted) by your post. Im off to feel the burn. Thanks for a much needed kick in the pants this am!

Krissy said...

I'm at that last ten pounds to gain before I finally develop type 2 diabetes. It's hard to excercise, but it's especially hard when things are tough.

Good for you!

AJ is so bobdammned cute I can't stand it.

Anonymous said...

God bless you for a cheerful post! Needed it today! Yeah, I was all philosophical about my weight until I tipped the scales at 150. Jeepers. But seriously, if you are 10 pounds from where you'd like to be, call yourself hot stuff and give yourself a pat on the back!