Thursday, October 26

My first Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things I could eat for Breakfast this morning (around 300 cals each, I think) by el-e-e


1. 2 pigs-in-a-blanket, 1/2 banana
2. instant oatmeal, apples & cinnamon of course, 1/2 banana
3. 1 english muffin, toasted, with light cream cheese and tomato slices (probably my favorite breakfast of all time.
4. 1 scrambled egg with salsa
5. 1 Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pie (I mean, uh, did I say that out loud? Whoops.)
6. 1 piece of white bread, toasted w/ lo-fat peanut butter
7. 1 slice of banana bread and warm coffee. Actually, all of these would need to go with warm coffee.
8. 1 apple w/ lo-fat peanut butter
9. 2 Publix brand (freezer-burned, most likely) waffles, toasted with apricot jam
10. Fruit Loops and skim milk. AJ eats a little snack of dry Fruit Loops and Craisins EVERY morning while we're getting ready for work/daycare. Some days they smell SO good I can hardly stand not to have some, myself!
11. 1 slice bacon. The end. (I recently bought the "already cooked" kind! Have you tried that? It's pretty easy. Hey, the hubby likes his bacon and eggs on Saturday mornings, I HAD to do it.)
12. Couple of pieces of French bread I got at the bakery yesterday (5-grain! Good for me!) w/ lite butter and jam, just like breakfast in Paris.
13. Six M&Ms and 4 candy corns (another of AJ's fave snacks). Just kidding. (But they're peanut ones, so... protein!)

That got harder there toward the end! But I actually DO have all 13 of those options here at my house. Kinda rare to have so many!

HEY! Why don't y'all GUESS which one was the Actual Retail Breakfast this morning.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. http://slacker-moms-r-us.blogspot.com/
2. http://www.imperfectchristian.com
3. http://justtug.blogspot.com/
4. http://practicalchick.blogspot.com/
5. http://chaotichome.blogspot.com/
6. http://caylynn.blogspot.com/
7. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



17 comments:

CJ said...

My favorite is the M&M and Candy Corn one!!

My first TT is up as well!!

http://www.imperfectchristian.com

Anonymous said...

Little Debbie Oatmeal pies, yum! One of my kids brought home a Little Debbie apple pie thingy yesterday and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Great list. I'm on a diet (I didn't say I ate the ENTIRE Little Debbie) so I'll come back to your list when I need ideas for a 300 calorie breakfast.

Anonymous said...

Im going to guess the toast with peanut butter??????

Tug said...

I was very bad this morning & had an entire 6-pack of mini chocolate donuts...

Happy TT!

-atomik kitten said...

Number two is my favorite!

el-e-e said...

By the way, larry... wrong answer. ;)

Chaotic Mom said...

I'm cleaning my house, bringing order to it, that's fine. But I need to watch what I eat better, too. Your list is very inspiring. ;)

I've posted my Thursday Thirteen, too. Enjoy! ;)

Caylynn said...

Oatmeal is yummy for breakfast. :) Or whole grain toast - I can't eat white bread anymore, it's just so bland!

Welcome to Thursday Thirteen. :)

Anonymous said...

I never get that 1/2 banana thing...I mean, who is supposed to eat the other half. There are just some things that you can't eat just half of...a banana and a box of Girl Scout cookies immediately come to mind!

Thanks for commenting on my 13...I added you to my list (took me a little while to figure out how to do it, but now I'm a pro, so bring it on!)

el-e-e said...

well di, I actually just ate the 2nd half with my lunch, so I guess you're right! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm going to say that if you had pigs-in-a-blanket sitting there already made, then that's what you ate. This list actually was inspiring. I wonder if you can get frozen wheat waffles. I would like to try that.

el-e-e said...

You CAN get those, and YOU WIN! I had breakfast #1. Y-U-M.

Tracie Nall said...

#5 and #13....yeah, me too. I'll admit it!!

Great first TT!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me I really need to make some granola.

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Number 5 on your list will get you in trouble! (If you hadn't said it out loud, no one would chide you!)

ms blue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ms blue said...

Yes coffee does go with all of those breakfast menus. Today my coffee went with a low fat Rice Krispie Square.