- The Yahoo! mail beta. It is so slllloooooowwwwwwwww and jumpy!! The old interface was butt-ugly, but at least it didn't feel like an e-ternity before I could see my e-mail. It was why I preferred Yahoo! mail to Comcast and Hotmail, both of which I have accounts for. I could totally send that "I've changed my email" message that everyone hates to get, telling my friends and family to switch me, thus becoming the pain in their ass for the 3 minutes it takes to open Address Book/Copy/Paste. (It really is a pain, isn't it?) But I didn't do that. Yahoo! I loved you! I stuck by you! But you're a poseur and I've decided I don't like you anymore.
- My inability to shop properly. I've mentioned this affliction before. My Mom knew, when I was a teen, that I could only go for a few hours before I was cranky and bored with it. And now, what with being in charge of my own money and all, I like it even less because it means PARTING with said money. Boo. I was in Old Navy recently, however, and I think if I could go in there once a week, and buy one item, I could have a pretty decent wardrobe lined up here by at least Beach Week. Except the thought of spending ALL that money (NOT! Old Navy's the cheapest of the cheap for heavens' sake!) gives me the shivers. Boo. I am so annoying. (Even when I have $260 in my pocket. That's right -- hubby said "Take it, it's yours." So now I've gotta muster up the courage to Spend It.)
- The complete lack of a Michael's or a Hobby Lobby or a dang JoAnn Fabrics around my office or my home. I mean, a girl's gotta get her craft stuff, peeps. EASTER IS COMING!!! I can't tell you how frustrating it is for me to not have ONE INCH of pastel grosgrain ribbon anywhere in my house, and no way to get it except on a Saturday with a 20-minute commute attached. On Saturday! (Why do I need grosgrain? I don't know. To wrap eggs with. To decorate. I just NEEEEEEED it. Shut up.)
I'm a little grumpy.
4 comments:
I'm a fan of Gmail, although it took me a little while to get used to it (they have a different way of saving emails as "conversations," with all the replies in one clump). If you want to try it out and don't know anyone with Gmail to issue you an invitation (they have this weird thing where you can only get a Gmail account if a Gmail account holder invites you), I have extra invitations and can send you one--send me an email at swistle at gmail.com.
v. kind of you, swistle! I will consider that.
Well, you always can shop online at Joann's. I know it isn't the same, but it is addictive!
It's a grumpy kind of day. I have the same shopping affliction. I truly hate spending money. I know, I know, what kind of girl am i? But boy, does it save us some money!
Post a Comment