Mrs. Flinger, my new bff (...she said! i'm her "new favorite!"*blushing*), curses on her blog like I wish I could. And, not every post. Sometimes she's all, "how the #(?@!-fing heck..." with modest little symbols. But then she'll toss in a well-placed "Mr. Flinger's wang..." and I'm in hysterics. But Ahhh am simpleh too close to Miss Pitty-Pat's Porch and the livin' breathin' Old Sah-outh to say such things, y'all. I am drawn to her writing, for more than her foul language skills.
Marketing Mommy's all full of ideas. And I don't mean "how to get spit-up stain out of the couch." She's got SMART written in big letters across her forehead, I betcha, and a marketing degree to boot. I like her a. lot. Plus, Chicago. Man, I want to go there again and take the hubby.
... ... ... .. .. .. .. . . . . .
We signed up to do the neighborhood yard sale the 24th. Yipes. I've never done one. My parents were not yard sale people. Do I really need to get tables for displaying? I read that somewhere. I know I need to price things, too, and that it can take longer than you'd expect to do that. Ugh. I'm glad and I'm apprehensive all at the same time. But it did spur me to clean out my dresser drawers on Sunday. Got rid of a bunch of t-shirts and sweaters, just because I didn't want them any more. Ha! Take that, warped sense of not-having-enough-money-to-be-fashionable when-really-we-do. I am so weird about clothes. I just don't buy them for fear of spending actual PAPER MONEY. But I need to be better about it. I think some of those shirts were starting to make me look like a cat lady. Or someone from the very back poorly lit cubicle, who, buried in dot-matrix printouts, might scratch her head absently with the blunt tip of a #2 pencil, sniff often, and store paper clips in used styrofoam cups. Truly... faded, horizontal-striped short-sleeved sweaters? That cinch in at the waist? Not meant to mingle with the good looking people.
5 comments:
Oh, dude, how cute are you? Now *I* am blushing. You're crackin' me up with the mad cursing skillz. You're just too fun.
If you were a little closer I would come help you with the yard sale! I am quite the sales person. I love yard sales!
Just stand beside me as often as possible. Then you'll look like a fashion plate.
I wanted to congratulate you on your 500th post but comments are disabled there. I'm wondering if that is by design or by accident since I've seen a few people say that their comments were accidentally turned off. Well anyway, congrats on the half-millenium! :)
Thanks for mentioning Mrs. Flinger--I hadn't found her blog, and I really like it.
Post a Comment