Look, diet or not, I like the cream sauces. Alfredo. Hollandaise. Bernaise. Mayonnaise.
Here's one I made the other night, using lo-fat versions of everything. It makes for a delicious chicken dish, with about half the guilt. ;)
Celery-Wine Baked Chicken see? right there, it's Celery. Healthy.
1/2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
1 tbsp butter/margarine
1 (10.75-oz) can 98% fat-free cream of celery soup
1/4 c. chopped green pepper
1/4 c. diced celery
1/2 c. white wine
1/2 c. lite sour cream
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
pinch paprika
pinch garlic powder
pinch black pepper
1 add'l tbsp butter/marg
First you sautee the mushrooms in 1 tbsp butter (or cheat like I do and open up a little can of B&Bs). Add them to a large bowl, along with the soup, vegetables, wine, and sour cream. Pour into a 9x13" dish. Top with chicken breasts. Sprinkle chicken with the spices, and dot with butter. Cover.
Bake in preheated 325° oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Serve over pasta or rice (egg noodles are great; whole wheat pasta works, too).
2 comments:
Mmm! Thanks for posting. ;>)
sounds yummy!!
Post a Comment