Please help me.
I'm flailing on husband's Christmas gift. Thankfully, he's fooled: two items sit wrapped under our tree with his name on them. Only I know that they are socks and t-shirts, and not "The" gift. It's come down to these two options:
1. Three 600-count CD binders that we saw at Best Buy when we completed all our other Christmas shopping last Friday. Now, while these are not exciting, he has been contemplating them for quite a while, and I'll admit, it'd be kinda nice to rid ourselves of the 1800 jewel cases which are DISPLAYED (yes, all of them) on the bachelor-esque TV stand in our living room. I'm torn, though, because I'd hate for it to seem like a self-serving gift... "Yay, now you have binders! Let's get new pretty furniture." But he did SAY he wanted them.
2. Nintendo's Wii. Now, he's only once said he might want this, but if I know my husband, I know that a brand-spanking-new game system is going to get high marks from him. And he hasn't had a Nintendo since the late '80s. (GameBoy and DS don't count. And would ya look at me, throwing out terminology like I have a clue!) He's a loyal fan of both Xbox360 and PlayStation, but I know for a fact he doesn't want (is not spending $600 for) their new PS3. So the Wii is the other latest and greatest out this season, and Nintendo is touting its motion-sensitive controller; you can flail it about like a tennis racket or a sword if you're serving or slashing, respectively. Even I think that's pretty cool. I think he'd like it, even if it's just to keep up with the current electronic goods.
The tough thing there is, when he wants a game system, he usually makes it very clear -- like, asks his mom for it outright. Or buys it himself. And he hasn't done either of those things. Second: His birthday is in January. So either gift is good; if I get the binders for Xmas and find out he really wanted the Wii... no problem. Birthday shopping done. But third, his Father's Day gift this year got completely botched and I feel like I owe him a good surprise. A watch or a bag o' socks just ain't going to cut it.
What say you??
3 comments:
Somebody told me this weekend that the Wii (so that's how you spell it) is the coolest thing. I think you can't go wrong with that. For the first time, D. and I aren't buying each other Christmas gifts -- we're buying a big gift together. Seems really wrong.
I would second the Wii - I have heard great things about it but don't have one since hubby isn't into those. But for a hubby who is - I think it would be a great gift.
(BTW - changed my blog to vox. The new address is below.)
Julie -- pretty much no. (watch him start reading this week)
Post a Comment