
13 Questions from an End-of-Year Meme
I've been wanting to do the whole questionnaire, but it seems that a portion is all I'm going to manage. That's okay.
1. Was 2006 a good year for you? Wellll... yes, overall "in the grand scheme of things," a phrase I use entirely too often, it was a good year. We are all healthy and have much to be thankful for. Work has been hard for both of us, and I'm trying really hard not to define 2006 as "the year of the funeral." Few too many of those for my taste. Few too many wonderful people we miss a great deal. But I think that's something to acknowledge; as we get older, we attend more funerals, that's just the facts.
2. What was your favorite moment of the year? I'm not sure. I'm thinking my favorite moment is going to be Christmas morning, because for the first time, AJ's going to be curious and excited about Santa Claus and PRESENTS.
3. Where were you when 2006 began? I believe I was face-down on my couch. I believe my husband tried desperately to wake me up for a mignight kiss, and I believe I mrrrffffled my way through it and went right back to sleep. (sorry, honey)
4. Did you keep your new years resolutions of 2006? Ha, ha, I WIN on this question. I refused to ennumerate my resolutions, but I did mention them briefly. Blessing my circumstances and yoga -- yeah, I think I did okay on those. Especially yoga. I did much more of that in '06 than in '05.
5. Did you make any new friends in 2006? If blog-friends count, then yes, I believe I did. I love blog-friends. :)
6. How many different states did you travel to in 2006? Oh, wow. Let's see... Oklahoma, by way of Arkansas and Tennessee. North Carolina. Florida, of course. New Hampshire (first time). Virginia. Louisiana. Sadly, I didn't travel to Minnesota like I'd wanted to. But I'd say 8 is pretty impressive.
7. Did you travel outside of the US in 2006? Nope.
8. What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2006? Did I see any movies in 2006? I remember the most recent one, "Stranger Than Fiction." Other than that, it was Cars, and Toy Story 1 and 2 about eleventy-million times. Of those I'd have to say Toy Story is my favorite.
9. What was your favorite song from 2006? Oh, hahaha. Like I know the current songs? I did love the new Keane album, so "Is It Any Wonder" would qualify. I listen to the "dave" station, dudes. OLD people music from the '80s and '90s.
10. How many people did you sleep with in 2006? (Hee hee. This meme must have come from MySpace.) Um, TWO. On a couple of our road trips, AJ shared the hotel bed with me and hubby. Heaven help my ribs those days.
11. Did you treat somebody badly in 2006? No, I don't think I intentionally treated anyone badly as a regular course of action. I will say, sometimes in the morning first thing, when I arrive at the office, I blatantly continue walking straight to my desk even when people begin to try and hold full-on conversations with me. (While my bag's still slung over my shoulder and keys in hand!) So that's probably not very nice.
12. How much money did you spend in 2006? Ouch. We spent a lot, actually. Bought a large furniture item, a couple plane tickets, too many restaurant lunches, a lot of EXTRA-EXPENSIVE GAS (remember that, 2006??), a new stove, and here at Christmas we've kinda gone hog-wild (for AJ!). *Sheepish grin*
13. What was your favorite book you read this year? I have to say The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, because I had built it up in my mind so much for years, and it actually lived up to all that; even went beyond what I expected. I LEARNED from it, I was entertained, I was thrilled by it. In second place? Wickett's Remedy, by Myla Goldberg. Weird little interesting, delectable book.
That was fun! Happy Thursday 13! :)
8 comments:
Neat meme-thanks for sharing.
I like to travel too.. never out of the country.. just cool places in the good old USA
Looks like a fun one. I am almost tempted to complete the same one in my blog. PS.. You need to come back to Oklahoma and we can have lunch again (or I need to come to Georgia.) :) :)
That's a really interesting list. Thank you very much for sharing. I like these "personal" lists.
Hugs and Happy TT from Germany,
Sonny
Sweet like Kitty
Sonny's Xmas
That's a great meme! I went nowhere. Haven't been out of state in the 5 years I've been married!
great TT idea! i might do something similar at the end of the month!
happy thursday!
p.s. i can't comment with my blogger account, but you can find me here.
Awww, thanks for the mention! Yes, blog friends are awesome.
I loved Poisonwood Bible, too. I read it right before I went into Peace Corps. The story about the dad trying to do the vegetable garden American-style was vivid in my mind as I faced (less extreme than 1950s Africa) cultural differences.
Anyway, here's wishing you a fabulous 2007!
el-e-e-You may have already seen this, but if not, I thought I would give you a link to "The Agency" so you can let me know if it's anything like the museum in Hereford-just don't share it with my readers. ;>)
http://www.harnhomestead.com/
Post a Comment