Wednesday, January 10

Be great. Delurk.

The Great Bloggers, they'll do something in real life and then write a fantastic story about it -- one with a beginning, middle, and end, interesting characters, maybe a banana peel, and a made-up phrase like "I guarandingdangtee you," (I'm lookin' at you, Amy) and all of it WORKS. Readers laugh, then line up to read you again. And you get AdSense and start rolling in ca$h. (Isn't that how it goes?)

And there are other bloggers like me, who WANT to do that but once the "new post" page opens up, that cursor blinking... blink... blink... blink... I got nothin'. So I babble and spit and then push Publish. ROCK ON!

But coincidentally, it's (International) DeLurking Week, so I can leave everything in the commenters' hands and not fret. Poof! (Don't you think it needs and deserves "International?" I do. More Oomph.) Time for all you darlings who're askeert of the "Comments" button to pop your heads up and say hello!

9 comments:

nicole said...

Hello! I read your blog often, but rarely comment. Not because I don't like what you write, but because I usually have nothing to add or say.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lee -
Sometimes I comment sometimes I don't. I usually stop by daily and enjoy what you write.

juliloquy said...

Emerging from my thick cloak of secrecy to say hi! Your blog voice is personal and honest, which keeps me coming back.

Anonymous said...

Ditto to what Julie said. I'm into honesty.

el-e-e said...

those are some of the nicest compliments I've ever received. :) thanks, friends.

Melessa Gregg said...

Hey-you're blogging style is my blogging style. I knew there was a reason I liked you!

Anonymous said...

I love delurking. Then I can find new blogs!

Uisce said...

nobody can here you... I like that!! :)

Uisce said...

hear. right.