Tuesday, May 22

Party Planner

Tonight's Book Club menu, chez moi:

Sangria Blanca*
Rotel cheese dip and chips
Taco Salad
Cool Blueberry Pie

and Prep, by Curtis Sittenfeld.

Should be fun! Only thing I still need are some flowers for the table. And to finish the book, but that may not happen. Oh well, hardly matters. Book Club isn't about the Book, dummy! It's about the:

*Sangria Blanca

1/2 c. lemon juice (RealLemon)
1/2 c. sugar
2 tbsp RealLime
1 bottle late harvest wine (this would be Riesling, yes? Wine smarties, please confirm for me!)
2-3 tbsp orange-flavored liqueur
soda water

sliced oranges, lemons, or fresh grapes and/or raspberries (garnish)

Mix the sugar and lemon/lime juices until sugar is dissolved. Add wine and chill. Garnish with fruit of your choice, and serve with a splash of soda.

4 comments:

MaryB said...

I want to come! Yum-o!

Flowers? Aren't you fancy? My book club doesn't get flowers.

nicole said...

I'm no wine smartie, but a Riesling should work well, I think. Sounds yummy. That is a good book--interesting to read about a high schooler with a little perspective on our side. :)

el-e-e said...

N, that is exactly what I have thought. If she (the main character) only knew!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh- I so want to be in YOUR book group! Especially with all that yummy food. Is there anything better than Rotel cheese dip? No, there is NOT!

And sangria - oh, I miss you sangria! After July, oh, I shall embrace sangria!