Remember how we played gymnastics lessons by "spotting" our dolls while they did backhandsprings?
Remember how your toy closet was always "the messy one?"
Remember how sometimes I would listen in on your phone conversations with Bri? (oops, I mean, haha, um. I did that.)
Remember how you were always advanced enough to play MY piano sheet music, even though I couldn't share like a reasonable person?
Remember your blue bike?
Remember fishing at the school carnival?
Remember when we got our trampoline?
...and our treehouse?
Remember James & the Giant Peach?
Remember playing Atari with our cousins?
Remember swimming under Mom's legs at the Country Club pool?
Ooh, remember their grilled cheese sandwich for lunch?
And SLUSH PUPPIES? :)
Remember listening to our records in my room - Sesame Street, Strawberry Shortcake and the PeculiarPurplePiemanofPorcupinePEAK??
Remember "cooking up a storm?"
Remember those awesome barrels on the playground?
Remember tennis lessons with cute Blair (Jill Pickle and Gol-Lee), and then cute (the other guy, with dark hair - whatshisname)?
Remember dancing the Indian dance ONE twothreefour ONE twothreefour at Camp Fire Camp?
and "stinging nettles?"
Remember how piano lessons with Mrs. H were never as fun as with Mrs. L?
Remember Psalty and the Kids' Praise musical?
Remember 10,000 frog jumps?
Remember posing for those fancy Christmas pictures, when our house was on the home tour (you, peering so adorably into that tall candle hurricane thing)?
Remember piggy-back rides from babysitters, and playing Mother May I?
Remember Sea-Wees?
The Snorks every Saturday morning?
Learning art history in the kitchen with Mom?
Making ice and lettuce concoctions in the freezer?
Making mud pies at Granny's?
Playing store with golf tees?
Getting ringworm?
The girl scouts sleepover in the Planetarium?
Irrigatin'?
Those one-piece summer outfits that tied over the shoulders?
JELLIES?
playing Ma and her Wild Horses?
doing a play in Betsy & Patrick's basement closet? (What was it with closets?)
Orphanage?
Work?
Library (in Dad's office)
School
House
(and my favorite) Friends?
Happy Birthday, Beansy! I love you!
3 comments:
Thank you SOOOOO much, sissie!!! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! i'm gonna re-read this about a hundred times. YES, I remember ALL of these! I think the one that really made me heehaw was "playing Ma and her Wild Horses." How in the world did you remember that?! I love it!
I have to comment on a few more:
funny, you listening in on my conversations with Bri. I never knew! What did we talk about? Boys?!
bikes - didn't you have one named Gloria (Morning Glory?) and mine was Dusty or some such.
Mmmmmm, summer days at the pool. Swimming, grilled cheese, slush puppies, the high dive, swimming lessons...
Purple Pie Man! And Mary Poppins was another fav record. Oh! and remember those books that had a mini-record built in on the pages, and they came with that crazy player? There was one about ghosts, I think.
Camp Fire Camp - TONS of memories from that alone. The indian dance is the best. and archery.
Do I EVER remember 10,000 frog jumps. Can you believe we did that many? I'm singing the whole song in my head right now.
Ice-lettuce! ha! Or Dr. Pepper ice. In plastic bowls.
This is THE BEST. I could go on and on. I don't know how I got to be the luckiest person in the world, with the best big sister, the best friend anyone could hope for. I love you!
NO WAIT! It was Ma and her Zooming Horses!!
You guys make me want a sister.
What is a slush puppy? Like a Slurpee?
Jellies? The shoes? Ha Ha Ha
You guys are great. I wish everyone siblings like the two of you. Your mom should be very proud!
Happy Birthday Jill-O!
Post a Comment