Monday, May 14

Want to see my checkbook?

Target

Publix

Target

Target

[Name of Daycare]

Publix

Publix

Publix again (forgot something that time)


These are the places my money goes.

And don't get me wrong. I, personally, adore Target. And I'm not overly hateful toward Publix, either, because I sometimes like to grocery-shop. You know, Possiblity. Health. Cheeze-Its.

Where my MONEY wants to go -- that's entirely different. My money BEGS me to take it to Talbots. And the newly discovered Ann Taylor Loft. My money really enjoys being spent at Pier One and Barnes & Noble. (In fact, it jumps out of my wallet when we're in those places. Gleefully.) It sighs when I carry it through Macy's -- empty, beloved Macy's. Lately, seeing all the Lands' End catalogs in the mail, my money has asked to be spent there, online, in a swift, clicky motion. Pottery Barn Kids is also a place my money would really, really like to visit.

But I can't let my money get all picky and asky. I keep it quiet with the mind-numbing routine.

Target.

Publix.

[Daycare]

Publix.

5 comments:

Swistle said...

My money wants to go to LusciousCargo.com for French perfumes, and to Amazon.com for books, and to Target for earrings instead of for toilet paper.

MaryB said...

My money longs to be spent in so many places I couldn't even list them!

Loft, and her big sister Ann, as well as Talbots and the Banana would be a good start for me. Oh, and PotteryBarn and Williams Sonoma.
However, I think even Target is out of the question right now. Because all of my money is going to Eddie Bauer for new bathing suits which are RIDICULOUSLY over priced. Yet, I can find nothing else that fits the way theirs do.

By the way, I think Publix rocks! Wish we had them here out west.

juliloquy said...

Yesterday I dropped $300 at Trader Joe's. $300!

And I am SO tired of buying diapers. Think of all the cute outfits I could get with that diaper money.

Mrs. Flinger said...

Costco.

Trader Joes.

Costco.

Starbucks.

Starbucks.

Starbucks.

Soon replaced by:

Formula.

Formula.

Formula.

(My money wants to hang out with your momney at Talbots. It would even take a trip to Target.)

Gina Wieboldt said...

ah yeah,
mine reads:

Costco
Costco
Shoprite
Shoprite
very, very boring!