I just read a book about high school, and they played this game called "Assassin," much like my senior class played "Senior Tag" with water guns, back in the day. (I wonder if they still do that?) Kind-of fun remembering it -- I know I went out at least one Friday night with a group of friends, and drove to some kids' houses that I'd never have gone to, otherwise. Everyone had a "target," and once you "killed" that person, you got THEIR target, and it went on and on until there's only one person left - the winner.
Similarly, I've been tagged by Julie, with this! And it will go on and on until no one's left who hasn't done it. The rules are:
* Each player starts with eight random facts/habits.
* People who are tagged need to write posts on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
* At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
1. Well, this is somewhat random (i.e., different) but not fun: Just as I was getting all comfortable and pleased about parenting, something comes up. The last 2 days AJ has given us nothing but trouble about going to daycare. We get full mornings of "I don't wanna go to schoooooool" whining, which is miserable. I thought it was because his schedule'd gotten jostled, with my parents visiting and all. But then last night in the middle of playing with puzzles, he told me, "Max bites me all the time." And I asked him "Where?" and he showed me his arm. It had two tiny little puncture scabs -- they didn't necessarily look like teeth marks, but maybe. And then I started thinking that he tells me he and Max play a lot -- he seems to love Max! -- but one of the games they play is "Ouchie, Max! Ouchie!" He says it that same way every time, "Ouchie, Max, ouchie." So now I'm all concerned and have to call up there in five minutes when the daytime teacher arrives, and say to her, What The Hell.
2. For my birthday yesterday, I received yet ANOTHER something sparkly from my husband! I think he is finally trained. ;)
3. There is some leftover "tater tot casserole" in my freezer that I doubt we will ever eat.
4. I spent my childhood summers wearing SPF 6 because people used to tell me my skin had "that olive complexion." I have since learned that I am anything but olive, and now I wear SPF 30 or more.
5. I had forgotten this, but since Dad brought me a sackful-a grapefruits this weekend, I remembered that a half grapefruit is one of my very favorite breakfast items. Too bad they are such a pain in the neck -- cutting around each slice, you know.
6. Our waitress last night botched my birthday surprise -- she never brought the sopapillas-with-candle that Husband ordered while I was with AJ in the restroom -- so he docked two dollars from her tip. I am very relieved that I didn't gorge myself with sopapillas, too, on top of cheese dip and chips and fajitas... but was feeling kinda sad last night that I didn't get to blow out a candle. Isn't that stupid?
7. I just called the school and feel better... in reality, if my kid is getting hurt, he's going to cry about it to the teachers. He is definitely A Crier. So I'm going to go on about my day satisfied that I've alerted them and hopeful that it's nothing. What's a little friendly biting between friends?
8. My Mom bought me some new red Crocs flip-flops on Saturday. I am excited because it's been four years since I've had new flip-flops. I've always avoided the ones with a thong between the toes, because I HATED that feeling! But not this year. I think I have finally grown up and can tolerate it. And a whole new world has opened up to me!
Tagsies: not 8 people, but MB, Beansy, Nicole, Melessa...? Do something fun today. :) On the house.
5 comments:
I think you are cheating! #6 is a continuation of #1. I think you owe us another random fact.
I will try to complete this task, but Im not very good at "random." I need a category or theme for my "lists."
Heh. You caught me. Okay, here's one more:
My favorite green vegetable is PEAS. (Much to the chagrin of my husband and son.)
Okay, after being tagged twice I caved and wrote my own.
Happy Belated Birthday - Hope you had a GREAT time.
too bad about the botched sopopillas surprise! You'll have to go back for sopapilla dessert sometime soon. (Say sopapilla 10 times. It's a good one.)
Post a Comment