This is why your Mom always told you, "No horseplay:" Last night while "snuggling" with AJ (read: tickle fights and him jumping on the bed, his latest discovery), he leaned back and his big, heavy toddler head came flying down toward the pillow... right where my nose happened to be. (Cue Lipnicky: "Did you know the human head weighs eight pounds?") I had my eyes closed, and didn't know it was coming.
I heard something crackle, and then saw actual stars. OWWWW.
We NEED to lay off the nonsense in this house, because until that painful moment last night I tried to forget that we are uninsured until July 1. Of course we have the COBRA option, which I probably should have done the minute DH left his old job, but I didn't get the paperwork until about 4 weeks later (Rrrrr), and then we were busy signing up for the New Insurance so .... we called the COBRA number the other night and you know they cover you retroactive to the last day you worked... meaning, you have to PAY for all of that. Which added up to $780 or so. And since we only have 2 more weeks 'til the New Insurance kicks in... I'm willing to risk it to save the cash. I mean seriously. SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS would pay for a LOT of daycare or pedicures.
So no more horseplay. Of course, we are driving (car wreck) to the beach (jellyfish sting) in two days. Guess that means no daredevil activities (parasailing) and no crazy antics (jet-skiing) while we're there (shark-infested ocean). And we'd better skip the waterslide too... insert sarcasm: Oh, DARN... But just THINK of all the things that could happen (pinkeye) that might require medical attention! Then picture me shouting, "Don't move! You'll POKE YOUR EYE OUT!" to AJ, while lounging carefully under my (sunburn) umbrella, watching him sit quietly (broken ankle), doodling in the sand.
2 comments:
Get here already! g-Man wants to share some b-day cake(choking) with AJ!
Last year's beach fiasco (the stitched up chin) happened only 2 days after our full coverage began. God does have some mercy!
Once when she was using a little stand-alone potty, Pumpkin jumped up right as I was bending over her to help. She beamed me right in the nose. I screamed and cried from the pain -- such a role model!
I understand about the insurance games. Hope you are having a safe vacation at the beach.
Post a Comment