Today I've gotten some minor details taken care of, like calling for dentist appointments that are long overdue for all three of us big people, faxing a form for my work leave of absence, blah blah. Yesterday, Darling Husband cleaned the house, tip -top to bottom -- I can't thank him enough. [I was grumpy with him, unfortunately, and am choosing to blame it on hormones and say I'm really sorry, honey. I miss the fact that while we were in the hospital those 2 days, it was just him, me, and Baby. Kind-of like a retreat. Since we've gotten home it's been less just us and more "let's hurry and get back into our regular (new regular) rhythm." Kinda makes me sad but I guess it's reality. I've joked that eventually I'll have to stop being the invalid and start taking responsibility for things again. Thank goodness my Mom's still here to help me put THAT off.]
KT baby is just the sweetest thing. She's doing an every-other-night routine of good sleeping. Last night was her "off" night. Heh. The night before she gave me two stints of 3-hour sleeping and I felt GREAT yesterday. A friend wisely pointed out that because I'm fairly certain this is the last time I'll be doing this newborn thing, I'm probably less aggravated by being up with her. It's a time that's so fleeting, and I know to cherish it..... Okay, I'll admit being a little aggravated -- mostly because it still hurts to sit for too long, ifyaknowwhatimean -- but man, when the house is all quiet and I just get to sing "Hush, Little Baby..."? That's not such a bad lot in life.
So, what are you people doing? Did we watch the Oscars? (We did.) Did we care? Not really. In fact it probably worked well that KT was up last night, since I wanted to be up, anyway. I've been watching a lot of late-night TV -- keeping it on provides just the right amount of light in our bedroom for nursing and burping. I've watched a whole night's worth of Dirty Jobs, a whole night of FoodTV [go away, Paula Deen], 2 episodes of Married With Children (!?), and even a western -- Shenandoah -- for reasons unknown. Anyway, I thought most of the dresses last night were very pretty, except Tilda Swinton's. Gah. She ought to try makeup, too. I thought most of the awards were probably deserved and I enjoyed all the musical numbers from Enchanted! Go Amy Adams -- it was a little feast for a former musical theater nerd like myself. :)
Ooh, I also accomplished these Mocha Chip scones, and accomplished eating half of them myself. TRY THEM. No butter!
4 comments:
You're sounding fabulous. Glad you're making it through these hardest days. I'm just working and trying not to find it dull, dull, dull. I went to a reunion of a bunch of girls from high school this weekend. It was awesome. We're all turning 40 this year. Eek.
Congrats again on that sweet new baby. Hubby has gotten me to really like musical theatre and is taking me to See Jesus Christ superstar next week.
Right now, my favorite has been Wicked!
sounds like things are settling down.. and yay for your mom still being there!!
I feel the SAME WAY about Paula Deen .. and I love all things Savannah.
oh and thanks for the dentist reminder;)
Glad you are doing so well for just giving birth! I am excited for you that KT is showing signs of good sleep habits! Yay for that.
Having the mom around is so so so nice.
Post a Comment