Monday, February 11

Distraction - My Post Meme

I've been tagged by my friend at LagLiv to do a meme that's, surprise, all about me! And my posts. Past ones, you see, that I like. Here we go. (Hey, one thing first: Did you guys know I'm thisclose to having a baby? Except, not?)

THE RULES:
** Post about the meme and link back to the person that tagged you.
** Go back to your archives and link to your five favorite posts.

Link One: must be about family
Link Two: must be about friends
Link Three: must be about yourself
Link Four: must be about something you love
Link Five: can be anything you choose

** Tag five other people (at least two must be new acquaintances so that you can get to know them better).


1. My post about Family:
Well, there are lots of posts about the family that lives inside my house, but since my parents have joined us this week to help with the baby prep, let's read about them and how good they were (are) at parenting.

2. My post about Friends:
Looking through all my posts, I realized I don't post very much about my friends. However, I have some wonderful ones! Including, of course, MaryB, whom you should all know and be reading. I met her a few weeks before freshman year of high school, either at Orientation or at the meeting for those interested in cheerleading. We were fast friends and I can only recall one or maybe two fights in all these coughtwentyohmygodcough years. In our adult lives, she has also become my clothing supplier! Love her!

3. My post about Me: This one.

4. My post about something I love: Of course, it's about
music. I love being able to read music, knowing a little something about theory, and having an outlet for performing it.

5. Anything I like: This is one about working out and dieting, which is not always a heartwarming topic, but during this pregnancy as I've watched other people make resolutions and start fitness programs, I've gotten kind-of... jealous. I miss my old body (not that it was ever perfect), and I've been thinking about how I'll tackle the losing weight issue in 6 or 8 months or (18 months) whenever I can muster up the gumption.

Alright, tagging my five people! Gerah, because she's BACK! And maybe she should unearth some of her old stuff for all her new readers. Slynnro, because I'm new to her blog and it appears she has plenty of archives to choose from. Mandy! because she's my 2nd cousin and maybe she has some MySpace archives she could link us to. Arwen, because maybe she needs a writing prompt to thaw her out (and because she writes beautifully), and Skiplovey, because I definitely want to learn more about her funny self.

7 comments:

Skiplovey said...

Aww gee (blush, sheepish grin) thanks for the tag! I'll do my best.

LL said...

Thanks for doing it! It was fun reading some of your older posts :)

SLynnRo said...

I'm doing it on Friday.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you told me Gerah is back. I'd gotten my blog reading down to two. I refuse, REFUSE, to click on any of those other links and read the lovely blogs. Today.

Ya-Ya Ma said...

Awww. You and Jilly just turned out great in spite of us. You made parenting easy.

Love your reflections on choral singing. Profound.

Interesting blog links that I'm going to have to start reading.

Mandy said...

I am just reading this now and would like to thank you for the litle project you have now given me ... both in reading all the stuff you linked plus going thru my "archives"

2nd cousins are awesome .... ;)

Anonymous said...

Got it! You're naughty. Gimme a minute...