Thursday, February 7

Still no news...

Forget waterboarding, this Having No Idea When This THING is Going to Happen is about to be classified as INHUMANE. Went to the doc today and had dilated a slight bit more, but no other significant developments. Except the doctor went in and waved her magic little fingers to maybe start up some action.

Still.... No. Idea.

I'm ready for a little snuggly baby to hold. I'm ready to go productively to the hospital. I'm most of all ready to turn on my 'Out of Office' message on LOTUS NOTES at work, and be done with that stuff. I just can't concentrate on it now but I feel like, if I'm not contracting, I might as well be emailing and finishing things up. I mean, I guess it's still conceivable that I'll be pregnant on Feb 24th, so... just, who knows. That would make me weep, you know.

Mostly I'm irritable when real-life strangers KEEP asking me "When are you due?" like the door-to-door sales-kid did today; or "No news??" like AJ's daycare teachers keep doing. (Not YOU people, of course, or people I love. Moms, best friends, sisters, and blog buddies can ask all you like.)

I've also gotten advice to "go for a walk," so labor will really start. Dudes, if I could walk comfortably around the house, I'd walk down the block. But let me say this: cement shoes.

But no, wait, this is all a MIRACLE and a JOY.

12 comments:

Mandy said...

sooo, still no news???

MaryB said...

Hang in there, girlfrined, It will all be worth it.

No pressure or anything, but don't forget that tomorrow is the day I picked in the betting pool. hint, hint, baby!

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

That is EXACTLY why I didn't ask. But I did put you in a folder named "BabyWatch 2008" in my Google Reader.

I remember people coming up to me when I was 9 months pregnant, and asking, "Where's the baby?"

I told them she was still in my uterus. Because they couldn't tell.

Lauren said...

I'm so sorry this is taking so long! You know everyone told me that my second one would come earlier and faster...which made it all the more difficult when he came one day after his due date...after 16 hours of labor. HOWEVER...I feel certain you will have better luck!!!
I hate the wait for you girlfriend...but im thinking about you!! Oh!! And I blog buddied you...check it out on fullhands..:)

Madame Queen said...

My doctor did that magic finger thing. Kind of painful, no?

You know, there's a restaurant in Atlanta whose eggplant parmesan is FAMOUS for making women go into labor. You could probably Google it to find out.

Hang in there! Not much longer!

el-e-e said...

Madame Queen, I'd forgotten that! It's Scallopini's in Smyrna -- I know right where it is... Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

That's right! Or is it Scalini's? My predicted date is Feb. 15, so I'm counting on you to hold out until then. :) But no more asking!

el-e-e said...

Scalini's, you're right, sdw. THX! (But YOU fall into the "best friends" category, so ask away.)

MaryB said...

The recipe fr that parmesean is on the Suburban Turmoil Blog. And, she has a story about how it worked. I f I remember correctly, it did work, just about 24 hours later, not right away...

Is MIL still there? Does she feellike whipping up some Italian food for you?

hmmm, maybe some superstitions really do work???

nicole said...

The walking thing is so overrated. I walked 18 holes of golf with Husband on my due date when pregnant with my first. Not a crying thing happened. We made several laps around a mega-mall a few days after the due date. Nada. Good food and red wine sound more interesting as ways to get labor going.

It was great fun to be on the golf course and have a young man ask me when I was due and see his eyes pop out of his head when I said "today!" I could see the visions he was having of being forced to help this strange woman deliver a baby on a golf course. Very amusing.

Krissy said...

OH GOD. I remember that feeling. It's awful. Hang in there!

Swistle said...

The not-knowing makes me BERSERK! Even with scheduled c-sections, there's the knowledge that you could go into labor early. But my first pregnancy, when I was due anytime in a 4-week period, was THE WORST.

Bake! Make lists! Get some really riveting books (Maeve Binchy, Stephen King).